Lab pup off colour

Trufflehunting

My wife said it was retriving a frog (could have been a toad) to her, the day before yesterday.
Before she took it of the pup it went missing ??
My wife would be looking for gloves before she would have even thought of handling the frog
If the pup had eaten it would it have done any harm to the pup.

Thanks in advance

I think he would have more of a reaction if it was a toad rather than a frog. But I would not think a frog would be a danger to his digestive system but Im no vet. Hope the pups ok it is like seeing a child ill.

pretty sure toads have toxins as a defense /deterant , i would speak to your vet and tell him , good luck and hope its short term, arron.

Years ago my old black lab grabbed a toad under some galvanised I was moving, I guess he thought it was a rat. I just can't tell you how fast he dropped it, it was instant. He salivated copiously for about half an hour before he got back to normal. I very much doubt if that was anything to go by that any dog would eat a toad. The lumps on their backs produce really nasty toxins.

frogs ok toads toxic massive toxin glands around neck shoulder area where they store it for just that occasion

UK toad not as toxic as foreign ones. Most likely to be gut irritation, so vomiting/diarrhoea, and will probably be OK, but if you are unsure, get him checked out

frogs ok toads toxic massive toxin glands around neck shoulder area where they store it for just that occasion

2377 quotes from joining in Dec 2013, any of your posts contain an ounce of inteligence !!
A seven yearold could have posted that information.
please dont respond in your usual way to every topic on here, its a tad wearing

If your dog is interested in frogs/toads (and snails?) then I would seriously suggest that, if not already covered, your dog is protected against lungworm/heartworm.

Back