Name the pup

glenure

Now then!
I have ordered a Bavarian Mountain Hound bitch pup from John Clem on this site.
I have a few ideas for names but I thought you guys, girls and kids could come up with some interesting suggestions.
I fancy some thing Germanic or similar (Heidi being the most popular within the family at the moment) but please consider that it is a bitch and I need to be able to shout it across the fields!!!:oops:
So get the kids to put their thinking caps on and come up with some great suggestions.
My partner has called her springer Nel so anything is possible!!!
Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Brilliant. Keep them coming. I will do a résumé when we have a few more in a week or so.
Lets get some of your kids naming them and I am sure I can find a prize for the best from the under sixteens.
Thanks.

Caluna as in latin for heather , she looks like she gonna be a jeather jumper :) or Bracken, my boys thinks she looks cute and soft and you should call her safty,

I also have from them the following ,

Aidel, Adeline , Hedwig or Heddy, Fritzi ,Geeta or Gitta

Last edited:
Really good ones from the lads. Clever too.
I have had several dogs that have responded well to 'Come here you little Git(ta).

Gwenda . My mates would love that. I have trouble pronouncing my 'R's. Which is difficult as I shoot Wugers , Wemingtons, and Bwounings.!!!! I also shoot a lot of woe and sqwiwwels!!!! :rofl:

Last edited:
Eva as in (EVA BRAUN)I AM SURE SHE WILL BE A BIG HIT WITH THE POLISH DOG,S LOL. PS good look with the pup .I saw the mother real nice stylish bitch and John was a nice chap keen hunter.

Back