schweiss-uk Uk tracking training club

paintandpins

As most regular users of the site will know I am passionate about handlers, new and old having access to good advice and support in training a deer tracking dog.

Last year I spent a great deal of time researching and designing what was essentially a UK wide training club for tracking dogs. It was to provide training, tests, a callout register and general advice and I hoped provide a social side with the opportunity for inter region competitions and get togethers.
The upshot was that in my view that when it came to the crunch the organisation which it was designed for were only interested in profit and I like others were not happy with the way things were going.

Since then I have been lucky to be able to work with some very knowledgeable and experienced handlers on adapting the original concept into an independent UK club. We have been supported and guided by a Danish club who are willing to help the UK at this early stage and guide us in the formation of the UK version. You can see their website at www.schweisssporforeningen.dk. You could also take a look at United blood trackers and that will give you another view on what the club is about
There will be training days in various locations this year and the first two will be held in Cumbria during the first week in May. It will cover both basic training and more advanced tracking depending on demand. The two days will be hosted by myself and the clubs founder and top Danish trainer Kim Schou Jørgensen.

There may also be the opportunity during these two days for some dogs to enter and be tested in an initial 400 meter test and of course should they pass be issued with the relevant paperwork. This is a credited and recognised test and not a worthless piece of paper or record of attendance.

The website will be live in the near future and will fully explain the club ethos and ideas.
What I don’t want to do is get into great debates about the club on the site but thought that members may be interested in it. The first days in Cumbria will be for any interested parties wherever you live but following that the majority will be regional.
All are welcome so if you would like to be involved, or would like to come along and see what its like you can drop me a PM or give me a ring through my site. Places are limited though.

This is a non profit making organisation which along with giving access to good training will allow us to put something back into deer welfare.

Can you please pm me your details if interested?

Best Regds
Mark

Thanks Finn i wish i could take all the credit but iv'e had a lot of support from here and Denmark. It all done and set up, just need interested people now :D

Good news Mark, count me in and look forward to perusing the website and when it goes live and signing up - details on here as and when I presume?

PP great idea,will it be open to all breeds??

If so please count my mate and i in

Rgds

Nell

Hi Mark, thats fantastic news and please count me in.
Kim is a top tracking man and is very knowledegeable in this feild, my partner and i where lucky enouth to have a training day with him last year and learnt so much,
Kim is also coming to us for some training on the 27th-28th April.

please keep us all posted

Anthony

Nell,
Its open to all working breeds who are kc registered.

Orion
what i will do is if anyone interested pm's me contact details they will get a form sent to them with all the details, whats involved, application etc.
The date will be the 2nd and 9th of May and the first location is on the estate i manage near carlisle. Days will then move around the country to make it easier for people.

>Its open to all working breeds who are kc registered

Does this mean if I have a mongrel german hound with no paperwork I cannot attend?

Hi rarms,

Thanks that's good question. Anyone can join the club, even if you don't have a dog but are thinking of getting a deer dog and training it to track or are just interested in working dogs and deer welfare. All welcome.
The registered/working breed comes into the equation if you want to take the tests. The european judges are governed by international rules when judging tests and these rule apply to them judging in this country as they do when they test in any other country. So if you want to apply to test your dog it must meet the laid down criteria.
Hope this helps
Mark

Hi Bavarian,
We will be showing people how to use all the methods not just the scent shoes and going into the advantages disadvantages. That said they will be used by the trainers because they are the most realistic method. It also depends what stage peoples dogs are at.
Mark

Paint

Well done, you will have seen my suggestions around this on previous posts and I have to say I imagined Stone would be the first to pull a proper club together.

I think it will be a winner and I for one would like to support you and come along now someone has gathered the time and effort to get a proper club started.

Big things grow from small beginnings and I hope it grows and provides us all with some fun with our dogs.

Will you post dates etc or should we PM.

Back