Stock upholstery

Conor1

A couple of months ago I started a thread asking for suggestions and recommendations fir someone to upholster and re varnish my stock and forearm. One person PM'ed me straight away, Welsh Warrior, who is based in Litchfield.

the stock was sent to him in early May and I got it back last weekend. Needless to say, I am very pleased to have my stock back and that it looks better than when I first bought it. Sadly I didn't take any "before" pictures, but believe me, it was full of dints and bruises and had lost its colour.

Anybody needing a stock varnished, mended etc, I can heartily recommend the services of Daffyd Marston from DM Shooting in Lichfield. Below are some pictures of the stock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 257
Conor thank you for your kind words I'm glad you liked the oil finish, it's bought the contrast out in that nice piece of walnut.

Ive seen numerous examples of Daf's work over the years. Its always excellent quality. As is his shotgun coaching.
Your rig looks good there Conor.

Good job, very nice looking stock.
But I was a little disappointed as I was looking for the upholstery. I was expecting at least a quilted cheek piece or dralon inserts in the stock. :lol:

Good job, very nice looking stock.
But I was a little disappointed as I was looking for the upholstery. I was expecting at least a quilted cheek piece or dralon inserts in the stock. :lol:
i olso was expecting a leather cheek peice or leather covered butt

Back