Thread: Wanted...0.243 rifle (and scope)

Wanted...0.243 rifle (and scope)

Hi, I'm new to stalking and am looking out for a used 0.243 rifle for very occasional roe stalking. If you have one, or know of one, ideally with a decent scope, to get me started, I'd be very interested. I'm in the west country but willing to travel for the right gear.

Thanks.

crt

be carefull buying a second hand 243 they can be pretty hot and wreck the barrell in no time welcome to the best site on the internet atb paul

Re: Wanted...0.243 rifle (and scope)

Quote Originally Posted by crt
    Hi, I'm new to stalking and am looking out for a used 0.243 rifle for very occasional roe stalking. If you have one, or know of one, ideally with a decent scope, to get me started, I'd be very interested. I'm in the west country but willing to travel for the right gear.

Thanks.

crt
    I may be selling My .243,to fund a gen II NV scope if the one i want is still for sale.

it is as follows,AND WILL ONLY BE SOLD AS A JOB LOT NO SPLITS.

steyr mannlicher pro mountain MKII 20" barrel. SCREW CUT 1/2" UNF FACTORY DONE.

1 x 4 shot mag.

swarovski 8x56 30mm scope and mounts. with box and book,

ase Jet Z moderator. proofed to 6.5 calibre.

steyr rifle hard case.

just under 2 tubs of IMR 3895 powder. (1 is used) with current load date for the 75 gr heads.

100 75 gr heads

40 85 gr soft points.

a reading 3 die set. fl.ns.bs.

couple of hundred norma brass all in top condition and fired once most have been full sized but for been used in the above rifle as yet.

1 x 50 round MTM bullet box.

600 + large rifle primers. CCI.

the rifle has seen just over 300 rounds, most of this was foxing with a fare bit of deer stalking there too, all loads have been below maximum so the barrel life and condition is in top condition,

the rifle is kept in a heated cabinet and may no longer be needed as i have not got any plans to continue stalking this year (as yet)

the asking price for the lot and any thing else involved with the rifle and ammo will be 1300 cash on collection.

picture of the rifle will follow soon,

bob.

location is wiltshire near Stonehenge.

she is the rifle second from the bottom,

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2151/myrifles.jpg

That's a great kit package for someone. It's all there.
    If you have the cash to spend look no further than the last post.
    When you do the sums that's a great deal.

I know of a friend who is thinking of selling his 2 Sako .243 varmints, complete with Mod, and 6 x 42 Schmidt.

If you are interested I will ask him for you.

I have a Carl Gustaf .243 with spare mag, steel 1" diameter mounts and Meopter 6x42 scope, owned by me from new, 20 rounds only. I am thinking of selling at 500 for the set or 425 without the scope.
    PM me if you are interested
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by PAULT
    be carefull buying a second hand 243 they can be pretty hot and wreck the barrell in no time welcome to the best site on the internet atb paul
    I wouldnt worry about a second hand .243 unless its had 1000s of rounds of abuse put through it. Its a very efficient cartridge and they are not known for burning out...! I know of several that have had over 3000 rounds through them and they are still going.

A good portion of all calibres suspected of being shot out, never reach a smith with a borescope, a further large percentage of these "shot out" rifles, will return to usable accuracy with a proper cleaning.