Clothing

MJ75

Can anyone recomend a good online hunting clothing supplier?

Thanks in advance.
Jared

have a look at country covers.they are in devon.some cracking kit,i have a pair of trousers (avenger) very good

Bought a Falkland set off country covers last year. Jacket is
real nice although I wouldn't use it for rough shooting. The pants
just fall apart! One side pocket just pulled off while lying on the ground.
The sewing thread must have just been bad. My mate got a pair of falkland pants also, his whole seam came apart after wearing twice. At least i got three outings out of mine.
Maybe it was just a once off wrong thread selection. Otherwise the pants
are comfortable and quite waterproof.

edi

ejg, they told me any problems to send them straight back and it would be sorted.did you contact them.i have a runnarkop jacket,the first one i had the zip was no good so i rang them up then sent it to them in burton on trent two days and i had a brand new one with a different type of zip.very good service with them.so i would highly recomend runnarkop clothing .

Tika.308 I will take my pants along to the IWA as I'm going again this year. I'm sure they will change them because it's so obvious. The stiching
just tears with no force. Pants are almost new not even washed once.
Might even try the avenger pants next.

edi

I use country covers as well. The Falklands out fit is amazing, I use they stuff for Wildfowling and can sit on the foreshore and watch the others all get up and go home, frozen and wet, I have always remained dry and warm, and always last to leave.
Not cheap, but I reckon they are as good as you get.
Funnily enough I noticed that the stitching had started to come undone around the groin the other night, although its a double row stitched and has not affected the trousers in any way.
The kit comes with a four year gaurantee, against damage- your fault or theirs.
They are at a show near me in a months time so I will take them back then.
It will definately be buying more stuff from them,Try the merino woll shirt, its fantastic. Worn it to hell and back and it's still ther best and warmest shirt I own

i will have a look at them shirts poodle thanks.when i got my trousers the lady on the stall told me any problems give them a call and they would sort them out,touch wood not had any trouble.dont get me wrong they have not had a hard life (yet) :lol: the first time i wore them was on the woodcock in northern ireland last year going through areas of waist high heather in places and not a problem,this time i had a brand new pair of deerhunter gaiters on over my boot and they looked 10 years old when we got back after one day all the ripstop stitching went fluffy/hairy :eek:

tika.308 said:
have a look at country covers.they are in devon.some cracking kit,i have a pair of trousers (avenger) very good
the company owner is not called geoff is he, dark haired with a slight limp by any chance?

I've had a pair of seeland beater trousers and jacket for at least five years. They are great, I've used them for beating and stalking. A few rips but well worth the money!

cant remember stone,he should have a limp though with all that money in his wallet its not cheap. :D

sounds a lot like him tika
mj75 i will try and find the details of the fella i use he is mainly deer hunter but gives me a good deal i know where he lives but not his phone number or his webpage, shall find these out for you for your perusal
stone

Country covers clothing is supplied by Arktis who make a lot of kit for military and police forces they are in Exeter use Google.
I have used quite a bit of their kit, it is pricey but generally of very good quality and if there is a problem they sort things out pretty swiftly.
The antarctica shirt bit like a Norge top is very warm and comfortable.

Dickie.

Back