Moy Fieldsports Fair

Hi Yorric
Do you know if any reloading suppliers attend Moy.
Cheers

Cluny Guns usually turn up & may have some bits. Not sure of any others apart from Gregor from McLeods who will be on the BDS stand with us.
If you call him at the shop he may (don't quote me) bring something down for you.

Ian

I love Moy. Plenty of young grousekeepers absolutely blotto and keepers wives that get a FULL refund on the Ghost Train. Clay pigeon layout designed by Stevie Wonder and food that can only be described as muck fi a truck but i still go every year... My usual hotel is full so looking for decent digs aviemore/kincraig???

When the CIC measuring team arrived at Moy Fair this morning, they were surprised.... and alarmed to find that there was no BDS stand! It seems that no one had ordered a tent! Scottish Natural Heritage has come to our rescue, and Ali, Stevie, Dave and Drew can be found in there, next door to the BDS gap site, where they will be happy to see you and your trophies. A big thanks to SNH for there kind offer of help, have a good fair everyone who goes,
iain

BDS "gap" site was filled in the end, although it was a bit fraught for a while - especially as it was raining hard during the morning!
Apparently there was a comms problem - New management getting wrong input - BDS were told that a tent would be there - But not told that they had to order it! - DoHHHHHH
Anyway with the help of a kind clothing stall holder who gave us some of his tentage, we were finally set up along with Gregor McLeod (optics) & the "cufflinks & whistle" man (apologies - I don't know his name) in a small stand.
There will be a BDS stand & presence tomorrow in the same place.
The Fair was pretty much like last year - a nice size & enjoyable with plenty of friends to meet up with & have a good craic.

Ian

Weather forecast not great. Anyone there who can give an on site weather prediction??

Cluny Guns usually turn up & may have some bits. Not sure of any others apart from Gregor from McLeods who will be on the BDS stand with us.
If you call him at the shop he may (don't quote me) bring something down for you.

Ian

Hi Ian
Managed to have a chat with Gregor yesterday.
Sorry did not manage to introduce myself as you were occupied, hopefully see you next year?

Hi Ian
Managed to have a chat with Gregor yesterday.
Sorry did not manage to introduce myself as you were occupied, hopefully see you next year?

I do hope to be there again next year - In a nice big roomy tent LOL.
Why don't you come up to the Autumn meeting? To be held at Strathconon Community Hall on October 26th. - See BDS website Highlands Branch notes for full details.

Ian

Back