trail camera with txt to mobile

johndeere

Hi
I am looking for a trail camera that will alert me via my mobile txt or picture etc

Any one had any dealings with this type of trail camera and any recamendations?

Hi
I am looking for a trail camera that will alert me via my mobile txt or picture etc

Any one had any dealings with this type of trail camera and any recamendations?

My mate uses a scout guard camera that dose that. Dose the job very well. I'll pm you some of the pics he has sent me.

Regards kev

Last edited:
Just be sure that the ability to send pictures will give you an advantage - if you are looking for poachers or live within a few minutes of the ground then it might be useful but for most purposes it is, in my view, not actually something that offers the stalker much practical advantage. The text-to-phone type cameras tend to be very expensive and have a reputation for being tricky to get to work plus they are harder on batteries. For the normal stalker buying 2 or 3 normal cameras and being able to watch deer movement across a larger area will give a clearer picture of what is happening on the ground and having to wait until you are on the ground to check the cameras is no big disadvantage, it just takes away the instant gratification factor.

Thanks for everyone’s input going to give the [FONT=&quot]ScoutGuard SG880MK-8M Black IR GPRS MMS SMS Email Trail Hunting Camera + 8GB SD from the evil bay[/FONT]

Last edited:
I have tried several of the wireless image transfer cameras and most are prone to issues and either work well in some areas, or terrible in others, despite adequate signal.

The new Minox for example, despite having 5 bars on my iPhone of the same network, had 1 bar and never sent any images after the 1st send.

Spypoint Live 3G is the best in my opinion, will text, email and also allow you to remotely check and set up the camera, as well as track its location with GPS.

Buy Spypoint Live 3G Wireless Cellular Camera Trap - shop at suppliers Scott Country

USA Video here reviewing the features

Grrrrr - Doesn't post to Scottish Highlands - WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT???

I will be in your neck of the woods early September i could fetch one up for you if it helps let me try it out i will tell you if it works ok if this is any help?

I will be in your neck of the woods early September i could fetch one up for you if it helps let me try it out i will tell you if it works ok if this is any help?

I settled with the ltl acorns three years back and they're still doing the business, had plenty supplier options and picked one that did not discriminate.
But many thanks for the offer, and look forward to hearing how it performs.

..... and a few hundred SMS of a branch moving in the wind could prove repetitive and expensive!

Very true. My camera takes up to a thousand pictures a week. Hundreds of pigeon ,jays, sun shineing and maybe 50 of boar every evening. Lifes to short to keep looking at the phone every time it sends a photo.

..... and a few hundred SMS of a branch moving in the wind could prove repetitive and expensive!

Not going to happen unless that’s what you wont.

Got the camera set up on a giffgaff sim 16 pence a mms not had it out in the field yet but looking promising from the few tests i have done will let you know if i am successful.

Hi johndeere

A cry for help! I've got an Acorn 5310 and am trying to get it set up with a giffgaff sim, no joy. Any chance you could share your settings please???? here's what I'm using.
Snap14.jpg

The unit to use is the ltl acorn 6210mg. To save money and send thousands of photos for less than 0.03 pence you need to set up the SMTP option. This can be very easy or very hard depending on your SMTP provider. If you send mms the be prepared to pay a fortune for photos.

Back