Thread: New member and complete new commer

New member and complete new commer

Hi my name is Tristan and although currently living in north Hampshire I will be relocating to the Somerset/Devon border at the end of August.

Deer stalking has been at the back of my mind for some time and now I'm moving to somewhere more rural I thought it would be a good opportunity to give it some serious consideration. I like the outdoors and generally exploring and for me the stalking/shooting would be great bonus on top of doing something I already enjoy.

I have very minimal firearm experience, limited to using a couple of low calibre rifles and a hand gun with family out in the US and a clay shoot for a stag do over here. So pretty non existent really. I have however shot bows of various sorts with a few clubs for the last few years and I would like to think I'm not a complete idiot...

I was pointed in the direction of this forum by another member I know from a completely unrelated forum as a good place for information and contacts. Unfortunately I don't know what his user name is on here.

So I guess I'm after some assistance in getting started, and to be pointed in the right direction for people who will be local to me who would perhaps let me tag along to see what it's all about. I'm not after freebies or a free ride at all, and any advice will be gratefully received.

I have located some clay/game shoots and tuition that will be local to me as well. Would this be be help at all? Especially in making local contacts?

Thanks all in advance.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses