Fox population

So, the last check of the pen before the birds arrive tommorrow, and the wildlife cam catches charlie leaving at the same moment we arrive.

Out tonight!

Was out last Saturday night, crop came off the previous day but torrential rain that night stopped me from going out, lamped 2 farms that I have permission on, they are next door to one another, I spotted 5 in total , shot 2,both young dog foxes, probably in there second season, in good condition, couldn't get a safe shot on the others, out again this Friday, land owner chuffed to bits as Grey partridge are in residence as well as a good population of wild game birds, none of them are shot, he just likes to see them about, hardly any rabbits, but I am on top of the game.

One should never rest on ones laurels ! Nature has a funny way of biting you on the arse just when you feel on top of yr game !so I never do especially where pheasants are concerned probably why I feel so knackered after day one of pen patrol .hurry up nov and we can shoot a few of them .
regards N

Over the last three outings we had 9 now me and minikeeper but theres plenty more out there we seen , they come in perfect to the call aswell

went out the other night and had 2, 1 was so smacked up i can't show it on here,

but this wee vixen was so concentrated on the mouse she had just caught that when the 6mmbr hit her she had no idea what was going on. Notice the exit wound on her rear end, shot taken from about 120 yards.

bob.

View attachment 46281

Back