Fox population

norma 308

Can't say I've seen too many here yet (crops still on ) but keeper mates of mine are seeing a lot of foxs this year one saw 20+ last night and 30+ another accounting for double figures both nights what happening in your areas ?
Norma

We seem to have a lot this year compared to recent years; we've shot 13 recently just on my mate's farm, incl 7 from one 2-acre paddock....and trailcams show there are still a few more roaming about the place. We've also clattered more on other areas where we control the vermin - and all this is before the crops get combined. ....

Im not seeing many at all ..... lamped and called for around 5 hours the other night on barley stubbles and only saw 1 which we never got.

We just dont have the population that a lot of you Southerners have ....shame as I would like more to shoot....

i havnt shot one since xmas just not here !! two four hour+ jaunts saw nowt but hares and bunnies and badgers,?

A lot. seems to be more every year I think there displaced urban foxes from surrounding towns and villages. There ability to survive and thrive never ceases to amaze me

its funny here we get loads on shoot early on ,as if they are being released! but now they have cut sod all about

I've not seen many this year, I've shot seven so far, but my numbers last year were 62 at the same point in the year, I've seen good numbers where I don't shoot, so maybe I hit them too hard last year :/ oops

very slow here to. not even seen 1 since march. ive been out most evenings, sitting watching listening but nothing about.

Out last Friday evening up to midnightish, removed three. See thirteen different foxes through the thermal

only the three removed were shot on, rest were either browy or in light cover.

they are for another day :D

Its all all wabbits at the moment, bumper year here :D

Atb

phil

13 in last 3 weeks. Mostly picking up singles. Not seeing much until dark. Wet nights have been the most productive. Masses of frogs on the move.

Not as many foxes on my ground. I have only seen three around the rearing field which are always hard to get without disturbing the birds. Have to use a moderated rimmy to stop 30k birds hitting the roof, blowing the heaters out and busting through the nets!
Big increase in badgers which I believe have pushed the fox out.
Thoughts???

Not seen one on the shoot since Christmas, and only half a dozen rabbits, this is on nearly 900 acres

Neil. :)

We had 3 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, but blanked yesterday - all three sites were miles apart. Our total for July so far is 20.

Back