Thread: Kids and guns

Kids and guns

Just catching the end of a program about kids and guns in America.
    On C4 at the moment.
    What a different world the Americans live in.

Going to record the program later from C4+1

I think I saw that the other day. It obviously had a slant though... they had just picked the weirdest families possible so in no way representative of how the vast majority of parents would go about introducing their children to shooting.

That poor little girl (was she 4 or 5?) with her first rifle... a .44 magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    they had just picked the weirdest families possible
    You mean there are normal families in the USofA!

Seriously I know what you mean - anything to get the masses worked up.

Other than the story of the poor kid shooting himself with the .22 (that shouldn't have gone off with a tap to the stock) I thought it could have been so much worse.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Watched it the other night. From what I saw it was showed the kids were safe with the guns all be it under parental supervision. The lad that lost his life to what I think is a design flaw in the rifle was devastating but thought the parents were brave to say that the incident was not down to a child having a gun as it could have happened to anyone. I thought the other two kids parents needed to tone it down a bit (that must have hurt that poor girls chin when the .44 smacked her......good shot though!)

As csl says its not the way I was taught or how I would do it but could have come out a lot worse.