Stuck Lightforce T Handle Friction Nut

Eyefor

Not strictly pure "Deer Stalking" equipment but I'm in need of some help please.

I recently purchased a lightforce T handle off eBay that had not been used for some time and the (large black & round) friction nut that adjusts the tension on lamp movement is stuck solid.

Plusgas, elbow grease and even gentle use of a pair of stillsons won't shift it.

Any ideas please.

Thanks in advance.

can you try soaking it from above,

if the T bar is stuck as well as the adjusting nut and the locking nut, try to remove the rubber invertid cup top side of the lamp and drop some oil in(do not use WD40 this will melt plastic),

there is a lock nut that fits above the large nut so make sure you have it unsrewed as well or you will break the nut.

regards

bob.

View attachment 45511 the top rubber is easy to move.

the main locking nut is above the adjusting nut, this will not undue easy it its been locked with something, and as far as i am aware they are not easy to come by since the deben crud has hit the sales areas :(

best of luck

bob.

View attachment 45511 the top rubber is easy to move.

the main locking nut is above the adjusting nut, this will not undue easy it its been locked with something, and as far as i am aware they are not easy to come by since the deben crud has hit the sales areas :(

best of luck

bob.

Idiot (me, not you). I had forgotten about the lock nut - it hasn't got one.

Back to the eBay seller I think.

Thanks.

Iain

..the guy had lost the friction nut so he SUPERGLUED the nut to the body :doh:

Dismantling result -

View attachment 45766

and

View attachment 45767

Would anyone know where I might find a replacement T handle body, friction nut and locknut please?

Alternatively anyone got the whole handle (in working condition) for sale

Thanks.

PS I did get an apology and a refund from the seller.

Back