Coca Cola fridge adapters

KilPil

I'm sure this will have been covered before but can anyone advise the best way to fit a hanging bar(s) into a double door upright Coca Cola chiller please?

I had one for the odd roe and muntjac shot during the summer when the main chiller was shut down. I only ever used the top shelf to hang from and never saw any signs of weakness even when it was overfilled with five or six animals.

If I did have concerns I would look at strengthening the shelf before I considered drilling into the cabinet.

Take out shelves , vertically on each side are the support strips for the shelves .... I broke off the top 12" or so got old man to weld Up a stainless H frame with bar , he used the wee threaded holes and just screwed frame in ... Double door version I get 3 roe in no worrys

I personally wouldn't be drilling any holes in the side of the fridge.
That's just my personal view,I'm not a fridge engineer but it's taken me nearly two years to get this kind of fridge and I'll be looking after it for a while.
the trouble with my particular model is that it's not full height,ie it tapers slightly in the back,and from the height of the top shelf to the top of the fridge there's nearly a foot and a half.

I have someone knocking something up for me,basically two L brackets that can slide into the recess of the shelf and go right to the top with a circular bar from one end to the other,with just enough room for an s hook.

Mine about 540mm wide and 600mm deep ish and around 1870mm,but as i say it taper in the back so i loose a bit of room.
Having said all that i hand them on the shelf and i can get two roe,a fallow doe and buck with head and neck off,a stag cut in halt,and most recently one of my home killed pigs.

View attachment 45654

I just cut two lengths of 4x2 and drilled holes in them to take a horizontal 3/4" rod at the top, the wood sits nicely at the sides neat, tidy, no damage to the chiller and is completely removable for cleaning.

ATB WB

i have a single coke fridge and my mate who got it off a fridge engineer off this site said the condenser pipes are in the sides and not on the back like a household fridge so no drilling holes so after waiting for ever for someone to make me a free standing metal frame i just made a frame from 3x2 top sides and bottom size and width of fridge with 4 hooks screwed in works a treet and would take 2 carcasses i would think although iv only had one at a time in.some may worry about bacteria on the wood but i dont i just put a plastic tub under the neck to catch any bit of blood so wood never gets it and when iv done wipe it with sterilizing fluid works a treat

Back