what bolt knob have you got on your 590/595

bobjs

Hi lads

who out there has a 590/595 with a modded bolt knob.

i have one on mine and just can not for the life of me get on with it, its just a tad to big for my liking and sticks out a tad far.

View attachment 45602

so looking for something/an idea what to get done to mine.

thanks

bob.

Dont look a bad knob bob just a bit sticky out ! Ohh matron can't you shorten the bolt handle a touch ?
Regards n

Dont look a bad knob bob just a bit sticky out ! Ohh matron can't you shorten the bolt handle a touch ?
Regards n

LOL

very true big fella, I think that I will have to have this changed as i don't like it 'sticking out ' but not sure what to go for as a replacement, maybe just a ball on the end just to try and keep it from getting in my way when out on the ground.

bob.

Bob
Unscrew your bolt knob & get someone to turn it on a lathe - It looks like there is plenty of meat on the plastic lump to allow you to make it quite a bit shorter. - A lot cheaper than replacing the lever.
I'm sure your mate Neil Mc** would do it for you.

Ian

Last edited:
I getting a bit sick of the large tactical type bolt knobs and started making some smaller ones. This one felt just right on a T3 lite.
pset3bolt_zps31b672e1.jpg

Bob
Unscrew your bolt knob & get someone to turn it on a lathe - It looks like there is plenty of meat on the plastic lump to allow you to make it quite a bit shorter. - A lot cheaper than replacing the lever.
I'm sure your mate Neil Mc** would do it for you.

Ian

hi ian

I was down at neils the other day, a mate is having him build a new 6mmbr (same as mine :) ) and i could have left it but im shooting all this week and can't be without the 6mmbr :(

I getting a bit sick of the large tactical type bolt knobs and started making some smaller ones. This one felt just right on a T3 lite.
pset3bolt_zps31b672e1.jpg

i do like this so that could be what Ian said get the one on there turned down.

cheers lads.

bob.

cheers lads

i will post this for swaps on another forum and just get something smaller,

GS had a go at getting it off and it will not budge ?

bob.

i had the very same knob bob !!!! I found it nice when out with cold or wet hands and with gloves on my old other rifle ,but now also have got two sako rubbers balls :eek: on my sako's :D

I kept the standard knob and simply slipped one of those rubber ball things over it: it's grippy, silent, and not too sticky-outy.

i had the very same knob bob !!!! I found it nice when out with cold or wet hands and with gloves on my old other rifle ,but now also have got two sako rubbers balls :eek: on my sako's :D

Hi Paul

I think this wouyld be good for someone who lumps lead down range all day, i just don't like it when walking its just a tad too big. I have spoken to Neil Mc and he tried to remove it without damaging it but it would not budge, so it will stay for the time being until i can either get it reduced in size or replaced with a smaller one.

ps: i have the sako ball on my desk but i had the bolt done on the 20 tac a few weeks past and that is just what i want on the 6mmbr just a tad bigger for the larger rifle would be good.

hope alls well

bob.

The thread is a 5/16" x 24 UNF, i put stud lock on the thread shank when i fitted the knob, you will have to heat the knob to break the bond.

Ian.

hi Ian

thank you for that, a proper job sir,

just a tad on the big side for me so looking to sell and purchase another with a smaller over hang.

hope alls well. sir

bob.

Back