Thread: Introducing myself: marnie m

Introducing myself: marnie m

Hello, I stumbled into the world of teckle ownership after falling for one at The Game Fair in 2010. They are phenomenal dogs but a little few and far between. I came across this site whilst pondering finding him a good quality mate and by default have become a member - it means I can respond to a post! As it happens Roe Kyvelack (kc name) has taught me to be interested in deer for clearly they were (and be can be keen on rabbits but not in the same way) what he was born to be interested in. His whole working manner, intelligence and keenness to please has made a working dog more interesting than I could have imagined and opened the potential to an unlikely world to me. This is the beginning of my association with deer stalking.

End of intro except I'm in west berks, pretty much live on the Ridgeway and am fascinated about regional antlers, not yet to the point of being an anorak!

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find a wealth of knowledge on here, all things dog, deer and wildlife related.
    CZ Mod 2e .22 ~ AI AE 6.5x47 ~ Sako M591 .308

Hi Marnie I have had a smooth haired Teckle for several years now always had gun dogs but what a dog!
    strong minded with bags of energy and tracking ability my dog has no fear and will take a go at any dog who pushes his luck,still one of the best dog I have owned,wish you all the best with your search and the more you get into deer the moe you will like it.

Dear Artsalt, what a lovely welcome, thank you and appreciated. Best wishes, from marnie. I don't need any encouragement to gush about that breed... But maybe keep an eye out for his adventures. Is there a post I can read about your teckle? Best wishes, marnie

Thank you for your support and encouragement. I reckon this will be a very interesting experience. Best wishes, marnie

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome to the site, and hope all goes well with the training of your dog.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

hey, first thing this morning I was introduced to a site for training me (and my dogs) in dog handling for deer and the training course is just down the road! I am so chuffed and delighted with the support and immediateness of how things can happen here. Can't wait to learn and see the dogs in action and do my bit for the deer.

And I would further like to thank those for the warm welcome into this new world.

Welcome to a truly fantastic site,with a whole broad range of subject matter ,and from a fellow teckel owner and enthusiast.