Thread: Scope Problem - Help?

Scope Problem - Help?

I have recently bought a Zeiss Victory with a 56mm objective. It sits on top of my Tikka T3 stainless with low optilocks so the barrel clearance in minimal (2/3cm). When i was out last weekend both on the range and in the high seat the bottom of the scope is not clear and a glare seems to be appearing in the bottom 5th of the scope. However i havent noticed this at very low light or out lamping.

Has anyone else come across this problem? I think it maybe the glare from the stainless barrel but can't be sure?

To eliminate the barrel glare, when it next happens, slide the arm sleeve of your pull over over the barrel then look through the scope to see if that works.

i will give it a try.

With that size of objective lens picking up some reflection from barrel or moderator is inevitable I think.
    I would look at some sort of barrel sleeve.
    I made up a loose sleeve from some old scrim net. Cut a length to make an oblong then sew it into a "tunnel".
    Easily put on and held by an elastic band, easily taken off,solves the problem and makes you that bit less visible.
    Cheap too.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

SD Regular
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Does the problem go away if you increase the magnification? It may well be the lens is picking up the barrel or end of mod as has been said already.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

i'm not sure i will have to see when i am next out....i suspect it is worse on a low zoom.

fairly sure it will be the mod, on a higher mag you will loose it.

get yourself a sunshade that will cure your problem you can make one up out of cardboard for now