Thread: Extra large ear muffs ?

Extra large ear muffs ?

Every set of hearing protection muffs I use / try / borrow has to be extended to the maximum and is usually a bad fit if worn over a cap. My cap size is 7 1/2 so not abnormal , but I have always have to find a deep fitting cap so the measurement from ear to ear over the top of the head is obviously greater than average ! Has anybody out there shared this experience and were you able to solve it ? For instance is there more adjustment in the Sordin neck strap model ?

Wear them under the cap and they will fit!

If the cap fits wear it - trouble is I've enough trouble finding a cap that fits that I can afford to lose. Let alone sticking something between my head and it. Seriously though what's it like wearing muffs with a neck band?

Is there anything in the Tefal range?
    Last edited by Harry mac; 29-08-2014 at 08:45.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Do your mates call you wingnut?

Have you tried the Napier ones? The ones that fit inside you ears, like earplugs, but with a headband. They seem to have a fair range of adjustment, and at 30 ish, work surprisingly well.

I find my Deben slimline electonics fit over a cap and my pretty large head.

Posted reply using phone but it seems to have wobbled off into limbo.

I have a set of Napiers for home use but I seem to be overly conscious of having something stuck in my ear - but very useful for a few zeroing shots

I think I'll be going down the MSA sordin neckstrap route as they seem to fit the bill for staying on while moving through cover and using in company. I got a bit of a tinnitus boost from being near a moderator / muzzle brake combination about two years ago and I need to get into the habit of wearing muffs as a matter of course.