Hello from Shropshire.

wigone

Hi there all.
Have just joined here’s a little bit about myself. Born and bred in Shropshire have been shooting most of my life started with air rifles at about 12 and progressed onto shot guns at the age of 15, am now just coming up to 41. The last 15 years have mainly been shooting driven game and flighting inland duck and geese. The last few years I have not enjoyed the driven shooting quite as much as I once did so looked for something different, hence applied and got my FAC just over 7 months ago now.
Brought a second hand Brno .22 rimfire for the bunnys and a new Tika T3 stainless light in .243 with a Falcon optics 5.5-25 x 56 scope which the local fox population really don’t like to much. Just started to get into the deer but struggling to find a heavier round that I’m really happy with which is the main reason of joining, as I want to have ago at home loading and will be after some advise.
Since I have got into the rifles have met some old acquaintances again and made some new ones and I look forward to hopefully doing the same here.

wigone said:
Hi there all.
Have just joined here’s a little bit about myself. Born and bred in Shropshire have been shooting most of my life started with air rifles at about 12 and progressed onto shot guns at the age of 15, am now just coming up to 41. The last 15 years have mainly been shooting driven game and flighting inland duck and geese. The last few years I have not enjoyed the driven shooting quite as much as I once did so looked for something different, hence applied and got my FAC just over 7 months ago now.
Brought a second hand Brno .22 rimfire for the bunnys and a new Tika T3 stainless light in .243 with a Falcon optics 5.5-25 x 56 scope which the local fox population really don’t like to much. Just started to get into the deer but struggling to find a heavier round that I’m really happy with which is the main reason of joining, as I want to have ago at home loading and will be after some advise.
Since I have got into the rifles have met some old acquaintances again and made some new ones and I look forward to hopefully doing the same here.

Hi welcome to the site,

I use federal 100grain power shock for deer and find that they suit my pro hunter, some ammo suits different makes of rifle and trial and error is the the best way to find out which suits the best.

Best of luck trying
Dave

Welcome wigeone,

You will find lots of good advice on here and plenty of banter too.
I use 90g sako gameheads in my .243, very accurate and puts roe down no problem, I do home load but havent got round to doing and for the ,243 yet.

ATB

Jamie

Welcome aboard mate.
I'm in North Herefordshire, i have a T3 Varmint in .243. I use remington 95gr Accutip for the foxes and 100gr Remington CLUB ( core loc ultra bonded ) for the deer. Both key hole and about 1/2 difference at 100m. Give 'em a try and they don't break the bank;)

Jonathon

Welcome Wigone,
We are having a meet up Shrops/Herefordshire on the 5th of March. See social section Both Adam and I reload and I am sure between the two of us we can get you started. I will be the one talking at the basic level Adam may take you to level 20. He is a perfectionist! Why dont you come to that and meet a few people.
John.

Last edited:
Another welcome Wigone - and it would be good to see you on the 5th if you can make it. I'll be able to show you pictures of my new Lyman DPS1200 electronic powder thrower and Forster dies :rolleyes::oops:, like a true reloading anorak.

Adam.

John - I hope you're standing by your PC as I'm sending you pictures of my trophy goat, 30" horns and all!

Thankyou all for your welcome. Have put the 5th of March down in the diary so work permitting will hope to meet some of you then and pick your brains.
In the meantime may I just say what an excellent site this is and hats of to the admin.

Sean.

Back