Thread: Hi

Iím Donaldson K. Hornet and new to this online keyboard warrior malarkey so please be gentle with me.‎

Like most if not all SD members I have strengths and of course weaknesses so here - by way of introduction - is a list of canoe floaters albeit in no particular order of importance or shame:-

a. I own a 243 but in my defence it was the first centrefire rifle purchased and subsequently accounted for a Highland Capercailzie; bagged from an improvised rest atop the roof of a FCS pickup, and later a Wildcat, snap-shot through the window at the almost unsporting distance of 60 yards so it stays in the cabinet.

b. I have a very, very bad knife habit. Iíve tried counselling with the dudes at KA and even booked myself into rehab that is a week in Bisley's Crawford Cabins but Iím weak and always slip back into excessive consumption.

c. My Den wardrobe includes a lot of camo which I adore along with heaps of interesting but little used kit.

d. In the interest of humane dispatch I head shoot deer whenever possible but am very strict in keeping shots below 350 yards and always deploy as a minimum my trusty single stick.

e. I take reloading seriously and segregate primers by weight.

f. I have DSCL1 and aspire to L2 Woodland but if needs must L2 Park will suffice.

g. My favourite vehicle is a Landrover Defender but then Iím the kind of chap whoís more than happy to attack the chassis with a clod of wire wool once a year and apply a fresh coat of goose fat.

h. I own the finest deer dog in the UK and am happy to share with you the magic ingredient that is the carefully chosen Saluki cross.

i. My favourite rifle would be one with a bolt and integral fully contoured scope mounts.

j. Iím easily upset by bracken.

k. There are not enough hot chicks getting into hunting with a rifle in the UK and even less prepared to rise at 3AM and tie my sneakers.

l. I donít understand why there is not a credible quarterly UK journal covering all aspects of sporting rifle and with one or two helpful reviews of high quality kit thrown in.

Thatís pretty much my stall set out and it only remains to ask how I may fast-track my way to posting my wants in the ďClassifiedsĒ section to take full advantage of the membership's generosity?

Yours truly

Donaldson K. Hornet

Er, welcome to the site, Mr Hornet, or should we call you Donaldson? or perhaps just K?

Welcome to the site, there is no way to fast track your progress to classifieds, you need the requisite number of posts. I should add that the posts will have to be genuine, not merely one word hello type, proper posts.

Never quite seen an intro like that before, must admit still can't decide if it is genuine or not.

Guess what this would appear to be an existing member, would it not Klenchblaize.
    Last edited by JAYB; 20-08-2014 at 09:58. Reason: new information
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hmm funny how this member has just surfaced like a U Boat when using the same computer as Mr Klenchblaize this morning at 8.39?

As discussed JAYB!
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)