Hello from North Wales

stalkingwales

I have joined The Stalking Directory, as I would like to start stalking in the near future and would like to eat the venison that I shoot.
A little about me - I am a writer, live up on the Berwyn above Lake Bala, have been shooting since I was eight.
I started on .177 BSA air rifle, progressed at school to .22LR. On the family farm shot with a 9mm garden gun, .410 and 12 bore shotguns. During a three year spell with the MOD, shot a variety of pistols and rifles. On detachment in the US I went deer stalking in woodland and used a Winchester 30-30 and a Remington 700 .308, which I really enjoyed. I shoot vermin with my CZ452 rimfire and have just added a Parker Hale T4, 7.62x51 for long range target shooting and perhaps stalking I am interested in reloading and would like to make up my own loads for stalking.
My plan is to take the DSC1 and then the DSC2, in order that I might stalk deer on Forestry Commission land here in the Welsh Mountains.
I currently do not know anyone who stalks deer, so hope to meet like minded folk through this forum.

I have joined The Stalking Directory, as I would like to start stalking in the near future and would like to eat the venison that I shoot.
A little about me - I am a writer, live up on the Berwyn above Lake Bala, have been shooting since I was eight.
I started on .177 BSA air rifle, progressed at school to .22LR. On the family farm shot with a 9mm garden gun, .410 and 12 bore shotguns. During a three year spell with the MOD, shot a variety of pistols and rifles. On detachment in the US I went deer stalking in woodland and used a Winchester 30-30 and a Remington 700 .308, which I really enjoyed. I shoot vermin with my CZ452 rimfire and have just added a Parker Hale T4, 7.62x51 for long range target shooting and perhaps stalking I am interested in reloading and would like to make up my own loads for stalking.
My plan is to take the DSC1 and then the DSC2, in order that I might stalk deer on Forestry Commission land here in the Welsh Mountains.
I currently do not know anyone who stalks deer, so hope to meet like minded folk through this forum.

Welcome from an exiled North Walian.

Scrummy

Welcome from an exiled North Walian.

Scrummy

Hi Scrummy, I have fond memories of a student flat in Clapham. These days I enjoy having my nearest human neighbour at 400 yards and the rest are sheep. Visitors regularly mention the racket the sheep make, but I never hear them!

Hi Scrummy, I have fond memories of a student flat in Clapham. These days I enjoy having my nearest human neighbour at 400 yards and the rest are sheep. Visitors regularly mention the racket the sheep make, but I never hear them!

SW, where were you at uni? I'm just down the road from Clapham in Putney.

ATB,

Scrummy

Back