Miendl Dovre Extreme GTX

limey

I'm looking to buy a pair of the above, anyone know who's doing a good deal on these boots at the moment?
Limey

+ a pair of insoles? Try a few pairs on first because they do half sizes and i normally take a 9 but find MIENDL 8 1/2 to be spot on.

Like any other leather product they need maintained and if they leak that is down to lack of such?

Like any other leather product they need maintained and if they leak that is down to lack of such?

Possibly but my experience was a bad one I have totally gave up on the expensive stuff for the monies involved I just won't do it again this is just my experience and like everything else you can get both good and bad, mind you they lasted a lot longer than the le chameaus I had which where the worst experience ever and I remember saying on here on another thread how happy I was with them.....that must have put the blink on them for soon afterwards they disintegrated.......

Much better if thou can find somewhere to try them on. They refer to them as broad fitting, however...

All my toe tector work boots are size 11 worn with thick wool socks.

My beautifully comfortable Le Chameau Mouflon Plus's were size 12 and I wore them with Brasher walking boot socks and a pair of thin lining socks…or in their 7th season with the triple layered Sealskinz socks.

The Meindl Dovres I got in size 11 because I was told about the broad fitting, but I can only wear one pair of walking boot socks in them. The next pair I get will be 11 and a half.

Alan

I bought my pair from W.Slack for £199 delivered but i wear Lundhags Synchros when no one is looking!

Possibly but my experience was a bad one I have totally gave up on the expensive stuff for the monies involved I just won't do it again this is just my experience and like everything else you can get both good and bad, mind you they lasted a lot longer than the le chameaus I had which where the worst experience ever and I remember saying on here on another thread how happy I was with them.....that must have put the blink on them for soon afterwards they disintegrated.......

Good point, though my Le Chameaus did well, beating two or three times a week through seven seasons, just leaking a bit in the last year.

There have been a few posts on here pointing the way to ex army boots which are as new at 50 or 60 pounds and supplied by Meindl or Altberg, definitely worth looking at...

Alan

PS I know Yorkshire is a big county but it does contain the Altberg shop which has the best boot fitting opportunity available. I seriously considered travelling up from down here...

Last edited:
Good point, though my Le Chameaus did well, beating two or three times a week through seven seasons, just leaking a bit in the last year.

There have been a few posts on here pointing the way to ex army boots which are as new at 50 or 60 pounds and supplied by Meindl or Altberg, definitely worth looking at...

Alan[/QUOTE

My boot of choice nowadays are exactly that british army extreme cold weather and are the best boot I have yet to wear, and for the money you could buy 3/4 pairs for the price of the aforementioned boots, I have trashed my current ones and they have yet to fail....:thumb:

Much better if thou can find somewhere to try them on. They refer to them as broad fitting, however...

All my toe tector work boots are size 11 worn with thick wool socks.

My beautifully comfortable Le Chameau Mouflon Plus's were size 12 and I wore them with Brasher walking boot socks and a pair of thin lining socks…or in their 7th season with the triple layered Sealskinz socks.

The Meindl Dovres I got in size 11 because I was told about the broad fitting, but I can only wear one pair of walking boot socks in them. The next pair I get will be 11 and a half.

Alan

Too right about the Meindl Douvres sizes being small!

I've went through more boots than tongue can tell. . . Admittedly they have a hard life, stalking, hiking, beating and dog walking over some of the wettest ground in the country. . . By and large the best, driest and most comfortable boots I've owned are my Hanwag Tetra Top boots.

I've went through more boots than tongue can tell. . . Admittedly they have a hard life, stalking, hiking, beating and dog walking over some of the wettest ground in the country. . . By and large the best, driest and most comfortable boots I've owned are my Hanwag Tetra Top boots.

Are they a wide-fitting boot?

Back