reloading 50 grn v max with ramshot tac

nick-h

Hi guys do any of you reloading 223 with 50 grn v max with tac and what's your loads , what do you think of how it proforms and what's the grouping you can get with it and what do you think of it
Cheers guys

Last edited:
Hi guys do any of you reloading 223 with 50 grn v max with tac and what's your loads , what do you think of how it proforms and what's the grouping you can get with it and what do you think of it
Cheers guys

Nicky!
Check this out! Loading Data.

http://www.ramshot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/WP_LoadSpec_1-23-14.pdf

Ramshot TAC data for the 223 and a 50 grain VMax has a 2.5 grain spread between minimum and maximum. There's not a lot of room for load variances there. You can pretty much guess that somebody's load is in that spread before they even tell you. And with that said, there is no guarantee that their loads are safe for your gun, nor is there a guarantee that they will be accurate. The .223 is an accurate round. If the TAC delivers the performance you want there is probably good reason to expect it to group as well as you load it.~Muir

Cheers for that Muir that's very helpful thanks a lot

LEt me know how it shoots. The main distributor for RamShot is Western Powders and tho they are only 115 miles away from my house as the crow flies, I have seldom used their powder. I'm curious as to how it does. (I hear good things about TAC) ~Muir

I'm not sure of the load he chose in the end but we got good half inch groups without too much trouble using the tac today.this was through his 1 in 12 twist cz, time to go and test it on the foxes tonight :)

Alrite muir I got a load made up today me and minikeeper had ago we got half inch grouping with using the tac I was using 24.5 grains of powder over all lenght was 2.250 using RG brass I'll give it ago fine tuning it for better groups but other wise tac is a good powder I'll be carry on using it in the future.

Alrite muir I got a load made up today me and minikeeper had ago we got half inch grouping with using the tac I was using 24.5 grains of powder over all lenght was 2.250 using RG brass I'll give it ago fine tuning it for better groups but other wise tac is a good powder I'll be carry on using it in the future.

Great. It's hard to get here. Lots of AR-15 shooters swear by it so they buy it up when it hits the shelves.~Muir

I got it from a place in hereford he's got a selection of ramshot powder in when I got the tac from him, he's a very man.

Back