Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Case for blaser k 95

Case for blaser k 95

Other than the Blaser case A (cost 290!!!!) I would like to source the smallest, thinnest, air travel compatible case for my K 95. Any suggestions ?

I am not thin or small but I would be very pleased to come and take care of it for you. They are beautiful looking things.

Thanks howa243, I bought it because I have had back surgery and it is so light to carry and transport. It is also more accurate than I'll ever be ! Atb ml

A gentleman of my acquaintance has a K95, he had a carbon fibre violin case customised to take the rifle. Fantastic and unobtrusive, especially for someone living in London.

If you can afford to buy a K95, you can afford to buy it a decent case...

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

That's true Claret Dabbler. I don't mind paying for a really nice case, but the Blaser case A is ( in my opinion ) vastly overpriced. I had one for a R93 years ago, and thought it was a bit of a rip-off then ! I have seen a picture of the violin case on another forum, you're right, it's a cool looking and unique bit of kit.

SKB makes some small but very strong airline cases with USA TSA locks and other locks.

Americase makes an aluminum one for the Blazer and Merkel, but it is expensive.

Look at some of the duffles, like Boyt, Browning and Cabela's which have slim shotgun cases with fit into the zipper bottom section.

I had one custom built by a company who makes them for musical instruments, film equipment , ect probably no more expensive than the Blaser case but made to your spec.

I have bought & commissioned the making of various cases to transport photographic & lighting equipment for my photography business. Nothing touches Peli cases for robustness & value for money & I also bought a couple to use for transporting rifles & shotguns. Even baggage handlers can't break them & I've actually watched them THROWING one of my Peli cases (wrapped with 'Fragile' tape) onto the plane & all arrived safely. You really could drive over them; they are perhaps a tad over-engineered & consequently heavier but if the contents matter then this is the way to go.

Peli Storm iM3100 Rifle Case Jit-Pak

They also do a nifty little silica gel box that you can drop in with the rifle but are ideal for putting in gun cabinets.

Thanks for all the info guys. Much appreciated, ml

Which company made the bespoke one for you Wayne ?