sako stock

arron

A question for the Sako experts on here ! I have a sako iv , it is a 25 06 cal , I am after an after market stock for it , preferably a GRS , but whatever really , I take it my rifle is not a 75 iv as it doesn't state 75iv , just sako iv , do you no what will fit it or any recomendations , had a 500 pound budget , thanks in advance , Arron.ps would like a; adjustable cheek piece , b; thumb hole or similar.

Last edited:
I went on this quest for a lightweight sporter stock for my Sako 75 Finnlight .243. I gave up the idea in the end as there was little on offer for the Sako 75 action. Tactical etc. looked like a different matter though. You can get something made to fit by hand fitting but that gets rather expensive. I hope you have a better result than I. I don't think it will make much difference which IV length action it is though, as far as choice and availability is concerned.

cheers Norm , having spoke to a few major dealers i am not to optimistic , i dont even no what model i am to look for ! , thanks again ,arron.

Does the side of the action have IV or AIV on it? I know that Bell and Carlson do long action stocks for some older Sakos...

Think your 25-06 from memory is the precursor to the 75 with metal shroud and bottom metal with detach magazine?

3 lug bolt?

If so a long action 75 inlet "may" fit - simplest thing to do is ask if anyone here or you know has a 75 in 30-06 / 25-06 and see if that stock fits your action..

I haven't one here otherwise you'd be welcome to look - perhaps Malmo has one in??

Aye its the 3 lug bolt and detachable mag and shroud , that sounds like the thing to do as you say Andy , i will do a bit of ringing about tomorow to see if i can find a 75 , cheers again ,Arron.

A question for the Sako experts on here ! I have a sako iv , it is a 25 06 cal , I am after an after market stock for it , preferably a GRS , but whatever really , I take it my rifle is not a 75 iv as it doesn't state 75iv , just sako iv , do you no what will fit it or any recomendations , had a 500 pound budget , thanks in advance , Arron.ps would like a; adjustable cheek piece , b; thumb hole or similar.

Arron,

I had a Sako 85 and only when I got a GRS from Jackson rifles did we discover that the recoil lug can be different from original manufacturer stock to stock and year to year. There is no defined "regularity".

Jackson sorted the fit out.

Stan

If it has a 3 lug bolt and isn't an 85, it's a 75. The pre-cursor to the long action 75 was the 691, which has 2 lugs. The serial number ranges of different Sako models are easy to find online. Try the Sako.fi website. Failing that, the Sako collectors website has that information.

If it has a 3 lug bolt and isn't an 85, it's a 75. The pre-cursor to the long action 75 was the 691, which has 2 lugs. The serial number ranges of different Sako models are easy to find online. Try the Sako.fi website. Failing that, the Sako collectors website has that information.
L 461 is the model that fits the serial number , thanks for the link , bri2506 has a 75 in 2506 , we will see if mine fits in his stock , thanks for everybodys input , Arron.

Back