Thread: Introduction

Hallo !

My ususal Name is Christoph and I am a veterinary by Profession. I live in Austria. As a Hobby I am studiing "gamebio and management" at the University of Life Science in Vienna. I have been deer and wild boar stalking for the last 30 years using my .270 Win. Mannlicher fifle.

Since this is an extreme trophyhunting culture in Austria and Germany (some consider you an idiot when you waste a cartridge on a female) Ive gradually lost my interest although i took many from the hungarian plain to the mountains of Austria. It would take us too far to discuss a correct sexproportion especially in roedeer but.....

My other and growing interst is my pointing dog (Brittany), but to find adequat work we have to go to Croatia for Weekends, because partridges are almost extinct thanks to agriculture.

I would like to come to Britain for stalking muntjak, roedeer and CWD, culling and maybe one or the other item for the wall, nevetheless

Yours sincerely

Welcome Bluebeard to SD very nice introduction I'm sure you'll get someone on here to suggest an idea about your wish to come here to shoot the smaller deer, I too shoot mannlichers a30.06and a .243 both stutzens and I also work spaniels but cockers bazil

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses