HAD training

arboretumcv

I think BDS run a Humane Animal Dispatch Course at Sparsholt College but can't find any dates. Are there any others or does anyone here know when the next BDS courses run. I think Jelen also do one but I don't know if it is Lantra certified.

thanks

Hi Payne

Jelen do run a Lantra certified course for HAD which includes practical work with different firearms and you are encouraged to bring your own, to demonstrate the effectiveness of your choice at different ranges and against different deer targets.

The next course is at their Hampshire HQ on Saturday 11th October if you are interested .... contact details for Mike Allison are on the Jelen website.

Tony

I think BDS run a Humane Animal Dispatch Course at Sparsholt College but can't find any dates. Are there any others or does anyone here know when the next BDS courses run. I think Jelen also do one but I don't know if it is Lantra certified.

thanks

Morning Payne.

I did the Jelen HAD course recently, and it was a well run, informative, and enjoyable day. The information given was very in-depth, with good explanation, and delivery, by experienced operators, who have been there - done that.....

The `shooting` part of the day was an eye opener, with many different firearms being brought to the course, and providing a interesting insight in to ballistic performance of the various calibres / cartridges that can be used... This was really beneficial to highlight the dynamics / dangers involved in HAD....

The `test` was a multiple choice paper, and not a giveaway by any means... While the information to answer the questions was covered within the classroom sessions throughout the day, the question and answer options were asked in such a way, that you had to have taken the information in to get them right....

All in all a very good course, with good / experienced instructors, and very practical firearms session, and closed with a test that needed concentration to do well.

All the best.

Neil.

Back