Brno zkk 601

blaven

Advice please?

My mate has decided to finish stalking and is considering selling his .243 Win ZKK 601.
Date stamp is 91, so presumably manufactured in 1991. Average condition, and I know that he has only put about 80 rounds through it in 10 years. It was second hand when he bought it so we don't know what the previous owner(s) got up to. Cheapish Bushnell 4-9x40 with high gloss finish on nice looking (original)? mounts. No foresight or shroud, and no iron backsight. Its got a normal trigger.

Just so happens I have a slot on my FAC for a .243. I'm willing to take a punt if the money's right.
What's ball park figure? Don't want to fall out. You know what its like buying and selling to mates!
He was just going to take it to a RFD.
Cheers Guys

So ive heard that is a real good brno, seeing its a friend and he was just going to surrender it, i would say it would be worth £150 -200 depending how generous you feel.
Regards Neil

I would say £80 - £150 but as you say, not worth falling out with a mate over. My first deer rifle was one of these and it served me well for several years.

If it is your mate why don't you offer to give him the RFD + say 10%. Thenyou both should be happy.

David.

A mate of mine has one in .308. Lovely rifle, but I'm not too keen on the stock. On the bright side though, Boyds have started making replacement stocks for them now.

excellent hard wearing , accurate gun - I have one , also 1991 , I shoot ppu ammo in it and no deer has walked away - if it's tidy externally it's worth £175 and there's nothing wrong with Bushnell scopes either ! There's too much gun snobbery going on nowadays.

:old:

excellent hard wearing , accurate gun - I have one , also 1991 , I shoot ppu ammo in it and no deer has walked away - if it's tidy externally it's worth £175 and there's nothing wrong with Bushnell scopes either ! There's too much gun snobbery going on nowadays.

:old:

I use one in 243 and have done for years and it also has a Bushnell scope on it. It shoots very nice groups at 100 yds and I have taken both deer and fox out to 250 yds

Ironic, I started my stalking with a Bruno Zkk 601 in 308. Rifle cost me £150 with a bushnell 3-9 x56 and served me well for a long time.
Grab it before you regret it.

I have one of these in 270W does the job, I paid about £150 with mounts but no scope. Like someone said above to much gun snobbery these days. Bonus with yours if its got a standard trigger mind has the set trigger and I have been looking for a standard one for some time.

I have one of these in 270W does the job, I paid about £150 with mounts but no scope. Like someone said above to much gun snobbery these days. Bonus with yours if its got a standard trigger mind has the set trigger and I have been looking for a standard one for some time.

I like the set trigger , I use set in summer / warm weather and unset in winter when my fingers are a bit cold .

I started to hunt with a Brno 243W, now I hunt with a Brno 270W :) Solid accurate rifle, will never let mine go. Its not a "look at me" rifle, but who should look at you out in the fields!

I hate how everything has become plastic and Blaser and so on. Nothing personal just my opinion.

My bet is that you will love it.
I have an older 22F Mannlicher stocked 7x64 with double set triggers and claw mount scope, plain wood,..as someone said, "Not a look-at-me rifle". But it has soul. It is slick as a whistle and a joy in the fiele. You can tell it was built by craftsmen as a fine tool.

Back