Remington 700 Recall Notice

Ferryman

Not sure if this has been posted before but thought I would post it just in case.

There is a safety recall on Remington 700 and Model 7 rifles.

DESCRIPTION OF THE HAZARD: Remington has determined that some Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with XMP triggers could, under certain circumstances, unintentionally discharge. A Remington investigation has determined that some XMP triggers might have excess bonding agent used in the assembly process. While Remington has the utmost confidence in the design of the XMP trigger, it is undertaking this recall in the interest of consumer safety to remove any potential excess bonding agent applied in the assembly process.

Full details are available on the Remington website

I tried posting a link to this but I do not have enough posts yet.

Both my .223 and .308 are in this group, but fortunately I swapped the triggers for Huber roller triggers as soon as I received them.

Tony

Tony, recently sold my Remmy 700 to a gunsmith who said there was an on going issue with some triggers on them. Got offered less for this reason :(

That issue should have been dealt with at No Charge by Riflecraft according to the Remington website.
I have always changed the triggers on my Rems. Their was an issue way back in 1979 which prompted me to swap to Canjars back then.
Being left handed I was limited in my choices, though there are more true L/H rifle available now.

Back