Thread: Firearms and couriers.....

Unhappy Firearms and couriers.....

hi, by all means someone kick my butt with this one my luck so far has not been good!!!

i now find i need to return my rifle to the seller for repair/replacement! i had a local gunsmith look at it and took his advice, he added i could organise the posting of it through parcel force. [i left feeling that i had heard different but hey ho...]

got home rang parcel we dont do private individuals, only account holders [businesses]...try...

and you guessed it tried most of them tnt, dhl, cnat remember all their names none could help.

i suppose i can still take it back to the rfd who suggested it [although it is a bit of a hike]...i have also asked the seller if he can organise it being picked up by his business courier from my home address - a suggestion by one of the more helpful customer service operators.

is there anything i have neglected to try, will rfd to rfd be a lot more expensive...

gotta say i am a bit fed up with it now....these are the times i wish i was still young and fit enough to go to the gym or rugby pitch and knock 7 shades of s##t out of someone!! [in the nicest possible terms!!]

sorry..any pointers welcomed

The law changed sometime ago you need to send it via a gunsmith, I have on occassion had TNT I think pick up rifles from my home address but it was through a trade account, and I don't know if you can even do that anymore.
    Bit of a minefield go pay the RFD for your peace of mind.

3. #3 be honest thawas what i was surprised me when he said i could do it, and i asked again to be told parcel force!! oh well another you say a minefield and one i dont want to fall foul of!!!

When i started deealing in firearms and ammo etc ,I tried to get a account with parcel force but they said that they are no longer taking on new account holders for firearms shipment

so i now have to use TNT
    which is slightly more exspensive but there is no other way unfortunatly
    where are you from TOKAS

hi..Ormskirk up in the North West...McAvoys at Standish is where i have been the looks of things it will be rfd to rfd from there.

thanks for the responses...i am learning!!!