Name:	S7300660..JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	87
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S7300661..JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	86Toms first pig shot with us a good size boar.We had seen this pig the week before but as soon as we put the light on it he dissappeard.This time he didn't and paid the price the old .270 found the mark and done the job
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pigs 003..jpg   Pigs 004..jpg  

Cracking boar mate, hopefully they will make their way up north one day.

cracking pig sean well done mate

What kind of weight are in these pigs?

The weight of these pigs can get up to 4-500 lbs but the one in the photo weighed about 296 lbs if i remember correctly, the sow in the picture weighed over 300lbs.I will say that we try not to shoot the biggger pigs there a pain in the arse to recover and butcher.It takes a big larder to hang a 300 lb + pig.Also we don"t make a habbit of shooting big sows the one in the photo was shot for crop protection she was a barren sow.There is a facanation in big pigs genuarlay there a pain in the arse and taste like ****.At the moment we have a boar coming to a field that stands the same hight as a fallow doe to the shoulder,We could of shot him the other night but decied to leave in peace,Maybe we will take some out to shoot him one day but at the moment as long as the forestry commision do not shoot him he is safe.

Thanks Sean, I knew they got to a fair old size but was just curious to the size of the one in the picture, as I might have a chance of a pig for slaughter/butcher and was trying to get an idea of size.

"Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"