Tikka T3 lite screws

Flyer4u0

Hi
Does anybody know the size of the Torx screws which hold the stock to the action. I have 10,15 and 20. 15 to small 20 to big.
i want to adjust my trigger.
thks

Hi there is aclip on you tube changing a stock on a tikka t3 and I am sure he says what size they are.

Hi
Does anybody know the size of the Torx screws which hold the stock to the action. I have 10,15 and 20. 15 to small 20 to big.
thks

Hi, T25 Tork, same as the Optilok bases. Go easy on that trigger. Mine is perfect at factory settings.john

Hi, T25 Tork, same as the Optilok bases. Go easy on that trigger. Mine is perfect at factory settings.john[/QUOTE]

I have a T25 but it is way to big. I have tried 10/15/20 &25. 10 & 15 to small- 20 & 25 to big.

Hi
thks
I have the genuine tool, send me a stamped addressed envelope and it's yours, can't say fairer than that!
photo-3.JPG

Hi there is aclip on you tube changing a stock on a tikka t3 and I am sure he says what size they are.

I'm not sure that TIKKA tool looks quite right, but here's the YouTube link ......

Which says that earlier T3's are conventional slotted (blade screwdriver - as in the M595/M695 series) and later models (American spec.) are TORX T25.

I've never seen the point in adjusting the trigger pulls on Tikka rifles, which share the same assembly as the Sako 75 & 85 series. I have more than a few Tikka's, all of which have wooden stocks & blued barrels with not a T3 amongst them thankfully.

Triggerwise, all mine are identical so I've never thought about tinkering with them. The factory-set pull is the perfect weight, and breaks smoothly.

Never taken them apart, or even disassembled the bolt for cleaning. Amateur gunsmiths should leave well enough alone IMHO.

Checked mine and I use a Stanley Torx screwdriver for the stock and on the side it says TT25 x 100. As Highlandsjohn says same size for Optilok bases.

I'm not sure that TIKKA tool looks quite right, but here's the YouTube link ......

Which says that earlier T3's are conventional slotted (blade screwdriver - as in the M595/M695 series) and later models (American spec.) are TORX T25.

I've never seen the point in adjusting the trigger pulls on Tikka rifles, which share the same assembly as the Sako 75 & 85 series. I have more than a few Tikka's, all of which have wooden stocks & blued barrels with not a T3 amongst them thankfully.

Triggerwise, all mine are identical so I've never thought about tinkering with them. The factory-set pull is the perfect weight, and breaks smoothly.

Never taken them apart, or even disassembled the bolt for cleaning. Amateur gunsmiths should leave well enough alone IMHO.
It's what came in the box and it worked on my old T3....

as said T25 Or screw set slotted for stock use a wide sized straight sided driver bits or risk damaging the shoulders of screws. i set all mine at 2lb so i know that all will feel the same.

Either you bring your rifle to a gunsmith or do routine maintenance your self. Every rifle especially a Tikka/Sako should be taken out of the stock every now and then, maybe once a year in dry climate to check if rust is forming, general cleaning and check the single screw that holds the trigger assembly.
I think you should mention the lack of maintenance if you ever sell one of your rifles.

edi

Some things go on and on without any sort of maintenance. We all know of a car someone has who does nothing to it except add fuel. The same with shotguns, there's a few folk I know who don't do a thing to them. But that's just a little like smoking 40 tabs a day and hoping you'll be one of the exceptions that lives on into their 90's. Personally I'd do a little preventative maintenance once a year. It's not hard really. Oh, and not smoke either. :D

Back