Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite hunting quotes?

What's your favourite hunting quotes?

Here's a couple of mine...

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted...If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job.
    Jose Ortega y Gasset, Meditations on Hunting.

"But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fixWith seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."

Nothing near as eloquent I'm afraid

" you don't get bu55er all sitting on the sofa"

Said to myself if I blank
    Be it stalking shooting or fishing

A reminder to myself that it isn't the bag but can still be grateful for a guid night out regardless

It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.
    - some guy called 8x57 on The Stalking Directory - The Home of UK Deer Stalking

Kinetic energy does not matter. Accuracy almost does not matter. The headstamp on the case certainly does not matter. Having more shells in the magazine does not matter. How well you can hit with your rifle is almost all that matters!
    Ross Seyfried

A super high ballistic co-efficient miss tends to be far less effective than published data suggests.
    - some guy from Moray on The Stalking Directory - The Home of UK Deer Stalking

Old french hunters quote: 'Au sanglier la civiere au cerf la biere'

this is prob not the same as the others but mine fav saying that i get more and more , a stalking guide saying " sorry you had a long walk and saw nowt" ? there were 15 out in this field the day before you came !!! thats 80 each please

Elmer Fudd to Daffy

" I'm sowwy, Mr. Wabbit. I hope I didn't hurt you too much when I killed you. "

Something my cypriot friends shout at me if i miss a partridge...είστε εδώ μόνο για το γιαούρτι