Springer spaniel

DJC

Hi does it make any difference dog or bitch when buying a pup I don't want to breed so I am think dog .also a very good friend of mine has a bitch so could use as a stud later in life what do you think

No real difference other than with a Bitch it will be out of action when on heat, what is far more important is the dog's character. For the beating line you need a busy active pup, for picking up or deer tracking you need one that is less active. Having bred Springers for the past 30 years I now choose the dull boring pup from the litter.

atb Tim

Dogs are a pain in the arse 52 weeks in the year, where as bitches are a pain in the arse only 2 weeks of the year.;)

Hi does it make any difference dog or bitch when buying a pup I don't want to breed so I am think dog .also a very good friend of mine has a bitch so could use as a stud later in life what do you think

Bitch every time Dog's are far more headstrong and if it's your 1st Springer a bitch will be easier to train. Contrary to what has been posted pick the biggest, boldest and liveliest Bitch pup ask the breeder if you can watch them all out together in the garden you will soon make your mind up watching them and I know it will be the biggest Bitch.

Jimbo

And I prefer dogs as I find them harder hunting and a bit bolder going in general than bitches.

But it really is swings and roundabouts and personal preference.

Back