Those of you that employ a cleaner, do they know about your gun cabinet?

mr_magicfingers

Being a new shooter, and now having the required cabinet and security, it did raise a question that if you have a cleaner, do they know about your firearms? As that person would have a key to your house and are not a member of family, does that cause any issue. I didn't think it does but my partner asked if there's any reason we might have any additional concerns. The cabinet keys are secured and the cleaner doesn't know about them, we've just never specifically mentioned that there's a gun cabinet with firearms in the house, and I wondered if we should.

I don't. They may be able to work something out from the Safe, outdoor clothing, trophy mounts etc.
FEO has no problems.

Stan

My cleaner doesn't have a key but I do leave her in the house
she doesn't know but am sure would figure it out

My cleaner knows I have guns but not how many or how much they cost!!!..........after all I dont know how many handbags and shoes she has!!

First off, employ someone who you feel you can trust. No reason for them to know about the firearms/shotguns. Do all you reasonably can to keep the keys hidden and inaccessible. Thats all your bases covered. There are plenty of households all over the country that employ staff at every level. Its not a problem. Butlers, Housekeepers.... you may joke!

My cleaner(s) are only permitted to the east and west wing of my estate and will retreat to their own quarters.
I clean all my own fine possessions which I enjoy after a jolly good day out on the estate with a glass of malt in hand.
They will only ever meet me at the fresh hold of the north and south wings with my request that I sanction and then toot along to continue what ones orders have been given that day.
One can't complain they are a jolly good bunch.

None of my staff have been able to get into work since mid July, the house is starting to look a bit of a shambles.... I must get that drawbridge repaired

I take it that it is quite acceptable then to give your cleaner a set of keys to the cabinet so that she/he can dust your guns once a week. :lol:

Back