Praise where it's due for a Firearms Dept

merlin

I moved house on the 1st of Feb, sent my SGC and FAC into Merseyside Firearms Dept a day or two later, received a confirmation letter to advise they were being processed, got a phone call a couple of days later that to confirm that my new certs were ready and to arrange a home visit to check my new security arrangements - this was done last Friday, and it all went swimmingly. (Perhaps it was the cuppa my wife made him??). :D

Anyway - it's a thumbs up from me for Merseyside Firearms Dept; never found them to be anything other than helpful and prompt in dealing with queries, renewals and variations.

Half-bricks fly a lot faster and further than bouquets, but I think a nod of recognition when it is merited isn't out of place.

Merlin

Well done Merlin for giving credit to them. I hope they read your note and take a well deserved curtain call. Bizarre how patchy can be the service provided by Firearms departments, force to force.

Yes credit where it's due especially as it's so rare when dealing with the Police and Firearms Licensing. I have only once had the cause to actually thank them for doing a good job and wrote a letter thanking them. Sadly it didn't take long for things to return to the normal mediocre service at best however I kept a copy of the letter :p.

Back