Thread: Hello from Canada

Hello from Canada

Hello there. I currently reside in Southern Ontario. Had planned to start deer hunting 20 years ago but due to work commitments, it never materialised. I am planning on going next year and am preparing my gear. I have a BSA rifle chambered in 300 win mag which is an absolute tack driver, it groups at under an inch at 100 yards. I also have a Lee Enfield no4 mkII made at the Fazerkley plant that is a joy to shoot. My bush rifle is a 30-30 Marlin lever action that is a lot of fun. I plan on hunting deer in Central Ontario and probably going for Moose in Northern Ontario in the next few years.

Welcome and enjoy your time.
    Hunting is addictive so hope you know what you are letting yourself in for,,,,,,,,!

Welcome , sure you will enjoy it here, just avoid the threads( wish I had) on the Scottish referendum both sides can get quite passionate
    Last edited by bogtrotter; 11-09-2014 at 21:14.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hello Bnicov and welcome!

You have so much space and opportunity in Ontario. I've spent a couple of holidays "cottaging" there with friends and it's just fantastic. It's been my dream pretty much forever to one day go moose hunting in Canada. Even more specifically, on a horseback hunt in the Yukon. It's all because of this book I had as a child called "Pierre Bear", about an anthropomorphic bear who hunts moose and seal...

Welcome to SD , I'm sure you'll enjoy it .