Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning !

Warning !

​I have been a little reluctant to post this, but decided it would be selfish of me not to.

It is a "head's-up" for all of the males on here, not a plea for sympathy.

Back in February, I visited my GP, because I had flu. That delt with, I mentioned that I was having a little trouble going for a pee. Feeling the need, but little flow or pressure. Old Man's Problem!

The long and short of it is, that I was diagnosed with Prostate cancer.

I opted to have surgery to remove my Prostate, which was done a month ago.

Yesterday, I went to see my Consultant to get the Pathology results, which were not good.

My future is not a thing of the past yet, but I am not going to be buying a timeshare, that's certain.

Now, I am not a Spring chicken (63) but am relatively young to get this disease. The thing is, there are men in their forties getting it!

If you have any issues with passing urine, go see your doctor. Do not put it off! A simple blood test to check PSA levels, will show if there is a problem.

Most men do not find out until it may well be too late.

I am posting this on all of the fora where I am a member.

Take my word, you do not want to go down this road.

You cannot have too many PSA tests, I have had three in the last 6 years, If you ask for one they should not refuse you, take the OP seriously, just because you may have difficulties with passing urine may not equate to an "Age thing" .... Steve hope you get along a bit better mate.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hi Steve. Thanks for the heads up. I am the same age as you. hope all goes well.
    Best regards. Stephen.

+ one with Steve,
    At 52 i had the same problem turned out a had a growth on my prostate, luckily not malignant. but a big wake up call.
    All the best Steve, hope things come good for you.
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Thanks for the warning Steve

Take care people, don't think it can't happen to you

We are all reading it but not sure what to say.
    thanks for posting and I wish the best for you and your family.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Best of luck Steve and thank you for the info. Maybe I'm just a bit ignorant to this sort of thing as I had no idea of what the symptoms were.

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    We are all reading it but not sure what to say.
    thanks for posting and I wish the best for you and your family.

You don't need to say anything, honestly.

Just take heed.

Steve, my Dad was diagnosed just a few weeks back. He's a fair bit older than you, coming up to 80, and with similar symptoms to you (and similar thoughts about just being an auld mannie) put off going to the doctor until my mums nagging just got too much. He will be starting radiotherapy next month.
    He's very fit for his age and is an inspiration to me. I get the impression that no treatment would have been given at that age if he hadn't been so fit.
    Good luck, Steve. I hope that it all goes well for you and that you're back to your old self soon.
    All the best,