A Reflection

Sidewinder

"On a mount triangular, as the island of Britain itself is described to be, we seat in the supreme place, under the shape of a fair and beautiful nymph, Britannia herself...."

Britannia civilized the world and there was never a reason to humiliate her any more than we already have!
"Nos unum sumus".....Rule, Britannia!

"On a mount triangular, as the island of Britain itself is described to be, we seat in the supreme place, under the shape of a fair and beautiful nymph, Britannia herself...."

Britannia civilized the world and there was never a reason to humiliate her any more than we already have!
"Nos unum sumus".....Rule, Britannia!

Aye Rule Britannia unfortunately means other things up here!

"Trouble flared in Glasgow last night, where groups of rival Unionists and independence supporters had to be separated by police officers.
BBC Scotland reporter Cameron Buttle, who was at the scene, said Friday evening's confrontation started quickly with flares being fired and a "coordinated" charge from the Unionist side, who were singing Rule Britannia."

taken form the BBC live reporting web site.

I noticed nobody who was condemning the earlier Yes nutters did so with the Unionist eedjits.
Or is it a case that now the vote is over Scotland can go back to being an English play ground and what happens up here doesn't matter.
Oh and my aunt who is over from Poland did see a Saltire being burned in Glasgow so those that condemned the Union Jack being burned have their revenge!

Last edited:

"Trouble flared in Glasgow last night, where groups of rival Unionists and independence supporters had to be separated by police officers.
BBC Scotland reporter Cameron Buttle, who was at the scene, said Friday evening's confrontation started quickly with flares being fired and a "coordinated" charge from the Unionist side, who were singing Rule Britannia."

taken form the BBC live reporting web site.

I noticed nobody who was condemning the earlier Yes nutters did so with the Unionist eedjits.
Or is it a case that now the vote is over Scotland can go back to being an English play ground and what happens up here doesn't matter.
Oh and my aunt who is over from Poland did see a Saltire being burned in Glasgow so those that condemned the Union Jack being burned have their revenge!

Probably because we don't get to see it. I've seen brief reports of trouble on TV news but little detail. But then I don't expect you get bombarded with news about incidents on English streets. In any case I learned more about the intimidation on sites like this than I did from newspapers and TV news. Our media have plunged straight back into their Westminster world.
I condemn absolutely all sectarian violence but I'm afraid I'm not surprised by any of it and beyond condemning it I don't know what response you expect from English people. Scottish politics has been split up the middle by this and left a wide open goal for tribalist trouble makers and drunken yobs.

I am American but my wife is English and my son is British thru and thru. He will never grow up in a divided Britain and that is best. In the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] century over 1 million Britons gave their lives so Britain could remain together and free and we should never forget this.

From Australia to Britain (including America), we are all a part of one world, the Anglo-Saxon world, a world where the individual rules over the State and respect for the rule of law is paramount. This concept brought the world free trade, a fair legal system and unprecedented prosperity.

Before one criticizes a Britain, one should first imagine a world without her.

Last edited:
I am American but my wife is English and my son is British thru and thru. He will never grow up in a divided Britain and that is best. In the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] century over 1 million Britons gave their lives so Britain could remain together and free and we should never forget this.

From Australia to Britain (including America), we are all a part of one world, the Anglo-Saxon world, a world where the individual rules over the State and respect for the rule of law is paramount. This concept brought the world free trade, a fair legal system and unprecedented prosperity.

+1

I have first hand experience of a world with out her!
I've seen the queues at empty shops when a rumour starts that they are getting a delivery only to be told it's a small order and the first 50 people will get a loaf of bread and that's all.
I've seen householders instructed to paint the kerb stones outside their house white on pain of imprisonment as the May Day parade is passing by their home.
This was in communist Poland in the late 70's

I've also seen it where 0.7% of the population is millionaires but where 78% of the politicians are millionaires - some are more equal than others it seems
In a city where 1in 4 men in a city won't see 65 and in the same city there are over 36000 kids living in poverty.
The last two relate to the rich of Westminster and the poor of Glasgow.

So Britannia ain't so great either

I have first hand experience of a world with out her!
I've seen the queues at empty shops when a rumour starts that they are getting a delivery only to be told it's a small order and the first 50 people will get a loaf of bread and that's all.
I've seen householders instructed to paint the kerb stones outside their house white on pain of imprisonment as the May Day parade is passing by their home.
This was in communist Poland in the late 70's

I've also seen it where 0.7% of the population is millionaires but where 78% of the politicians are millionaires - some are more equal than others it seems
In a city where 1in 4 men in a city won't see 65 and in the same city there are over 36000 kids living in poverty.
The last two relate to the rich of Westminster and the poor of Glasgow.

So Britannia ain't so great either

Is a lot of this self inflicted though ? It's the old, old question of "can't work or won't work" ?? Never been to Scotland so genuinely don't know. Is there work that would relieve poverty and they just will not work, or, is there no work???

Yes or No.

unionist or separatist.

Frankly it's getting boring, the question was asked. The answer was given. Game over.

If you won then have the good grace not to gloat and if you lost have the good grace to accept it and move on.

Frankly everyone grow up and adopt the Native American school of thought "we don't own this land, we are just tenants."

Is a lot of this self inflicted though ? It's the old, old question of "can't work or won't work" ?? Never been to Scotland so genuinely don't know. Is there work that would relieve poverty and they just will not work, or, is there no work???

There is work in every corner of this country. The problem is that there is no will.

Back