Thread: A

A bit of a clear out...

These are the remaining two 'boning' type knives that are looking for a new home.

These grew from a previous thread which explained my early beginnings in butchery. (I've pasted the relevant bits bit below if anybody wants to read them!)

Back in the mists of time, when LSD wasn't something that made your head go funny, I was born into a family of butchers. Long before the tyranny of Health and Safety, I was helping out in our own slaughterhouse at the tender age of 5 or 6 with a boning knife on my belt to assist with the sorting out of what were euphemistically known as 'the runners'. I'm not going in to details to avoid upsetting to more squeamish readers!

A few more years passed and I was promoted to killing sheep and skinning them, once again all that was required was my trusty boning knife.

There's all sorts of other tales to tell from this period, including my parents being being asked to remove me from a childrens zoo, which I'm not going to bore you with!

The point of all this waffle is to explain the tools of the trade at the time. I had a steak knife of about 10 inches in length and a boning knife of about 6 inches. These two knives did everything, skinning, jointing, boning and all forms of prep work.

So, I thought, why not make something that resembles the boning knives of my butchery days, after all, they were capable of doing pretty much everything.

If you need any more info, please PM me and I'll do my best to oblige!

These are only 50.00 delivered.
    Last edited by juttle; 21-09-2014 at 15:49.

Quick update, numbers two and three are now sold, numbr five is pending.

Number five is now sold.

Number 8 has now gone.

Another update, Guys, numbers 6 and 7 are now gone!

They've all gone, but some new ones are on the way!