Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Seat visitor......

High Seat visitor......

Great morning out in Suffolk with a nice fallow pricket off the sticks on foot, but the highlight has to be the visitor I had while starting of on the high seat; a Sparrowhawk that landed and sat on the moderator on the end of my barrel!

Sounds a close encounter. I had a buzzard come to roost in a tree i was up in a high seat. Im amazed what i see some yimes when im out shooting.

Had a barn owl land on my mod a while ago , had a couple of tawnys in the past come and share the high seat rail with me
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Established Poster
    London (from SW England)
    Sounds like a pretty idyllic start to any day!

Had a Stoat working it's way along a hawthorn hedge, into a gateway where I was resting the rifle on a five bar, waiting for a chicken killer, It popped out into the gateway & stopped stock still staring at me, waited for a few seconds judged me to be of no threat as I was motionless, then proceeded right across my wellies into the other side of the hawthorn hedging!, also had owls coming into the squeaking while foxing, they look really p**ed off when they arrive at about two feet from your face!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Not a high seat visitor, but a few years back on the river bank I had a kingfisher land on my rod. The colours were amazing and to be so close made for a memorable day.

ATB 243 Stalker.

you must have nerves of steel wildfly as a few years ago i was sat under a hedge on some flash flood with my shotgun barrel stuck out when a sparrowhawk came down the hedge without me seeing it and when it tried to land on my barrel i totaly shat myself and nearly lobbed the shotgun in a panic

That last one made me chuckle, could picture the scene....... Must say I was too surprised to do anything....

Whilst sitting in the crotch of a tree with rifle and 35mm camera fitted with a 400mm lense waiting for Roe a Red squirrel came down the tree and sat on my boot.
    A 400mm lense and a chance of the picture of a lifetime at two feet range.

Had a fieldfare land on my head whilst evening flighting duck once. (tucked away in the hedge at the side of the pond) Dunno who was more surprised, me or the bird. A special moment however.