Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which used quad bike

Which used quad bike

I'm looking to buy a second hand Quad bike for general use on the hill for my deer stalking, can you guys recommend one that's hardy enough and say what second hand values would likely be. I have looked at a couple but wasn't sure they would be up to it. Thanks for your suggestions.

Honda 400/450, you will pick up a nice one from 2k onwards.

I've got the honda 420 Bags of power. Very reliable easy to service and loads of parts available. Highly recommend.

i use a honda big red 300 4 wheel drive ,i have put some spacers on the wheels and got the widest tyres i can have , if you roll it or get it stuck its light enough to lift out of trouble , the centre of gravity is also low , its a great bit of kit , good luck ,arron. ps its used on steep hills at arrochar not flat estates !

forget honda, they living on past reputation..
    look for a yam with power steering and independant rear suspension

Honda forman 500 can't beat it manual gearbox

Wot ever colour/breed u go for just keepit simple no fancy electrics/gears etc. Just more to go wrong and expensive to find problem and to fix

Might be worth asking at local back street argi mechanics who are decent/cheap, wot bike's they prefer to work on, some very good boys locally in my area on honda's know everything about them, but in other areas it may be yahama's or suzuki's etc that are the common bikes