Thread: RCBS Summit press, 10kg

RCBS Summit press, 10kg

Anyone use the RCBS Summit press? To my mind, it's a very close contender for the Rock Chucker's crown. But like a lot of us, I think I'm fairly easily seduced by tidy-looking engineering.

It doesn't do priming but that's no great handicap, especially if you already use a separate hand primer. It is also incredibly stable, hence needs only the two bolts to secure it to your bench. Watch out though - I left mine in position ready to be bolted down and then got distracted, digressed... ran errands etc. and forgot about it completely, apart from the odd admiring glance.

A couple of days later I thought it was about time I rid the workshop of dirt and cobwebs, so got right down into the action, under the benches. Along I went, all good and then half way along, I reached up and grabbed... wait a minute; I know that metallic sliding sound. It's... OH S***!

Much as I love the Summit press I don't recommend getting walloped on the head by one. I got my arm in the way to mitigate the worst of it but somehow the press opened up, nipped the underside of my arm rather badly and then bashed me on the side of the head.

Claire says my eyes haven't yet uncrossed.
    RFD no: 36/2511
    Find us on Facebook and Twitter

Are you selling it?

lol bolted now then !!!

this is the for sale section.

is this for sale, im confused, maybe it was me that got hit on the head

Probably here because there's no reloading related daft injury section (yet!)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

[quote] and then bashed me on the side of the head. [quote]

i think you need to see a doctor................. you are well out of the silly adds area.

ps: get well soon,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I couldn't think of where to put this as it's both a plug for a very fine press and a cautionary tale.

Mods? Move it if you see fit
    RFD no: 36/2511
    Find us on Facebook and Twitter