It's official!!!

Wingy

Well according to to wife anyway-
WINTER IS HERE
I got in twice this week only to find she has lit the bloody fire, sat there in my shorts drying out the moisture from the back of my eyes, all she could say is it was chilly when I got in and there's loads of wood to last all winter!
I know there's loads of wood because I've sweat many hours chopping, splitting and stacking it to dry out & have started next winters pile as well.
Anyone else out there fired the heating up yet? Or is it just me with a cold blooded Mrs?
Wingy

Last edited:
My wife is Australian and is incapable of dealing with a temperature lower than 10 deg. Trying to have a jump in the winter is like pass the bloody parcel the amount of layers that have to be removed.

My wife is Australian and is incapable of dealing with a temperature lower than 10 deg. Trying to have a jump in the winter is like pass the bloody parcel the amount of layers that have to be removed.
I have a cold Mrs too.....I have studied the women folk for some time now and have come to the conclusion that you need to catch them getting out of the shower to be successful as that way they are already naked and wet :cool:

I think most woman feel the cold more than men , i have 3 of them in the house and had to turn the heating off twice this week

Well according to to wife anyway-
WINTER IS HERE
I got in twice this week only to find she has lit the bloody fire, sat there in my shorts drying out the moisture from the back of my eyes, all she could say is it was chilly when I got in and there's loads of wood to last all winter!
I know there's loads of wood because I've sweat many hours chopping, splitting and stacking it to dry out & have started next winters pile as well.
Anyone else out there fired the heating up yet? Or is it just me with a cold blooded Mrs?
Wingy
I know the wood is there to burn but I always feel that the wife is wasting it!
perhaps it's the control freak in me,but there is nothing more annoying than coming home to a fire that I lit at 6 in the morning finding a huge basket of hardwood gone and the valves all open:doh:. And the house at melting pot.
Its not gone on yet but I think it will within the next few weeks.
dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 76
I know the wood is there to burn but I always feel that the wife is wasting it!
perhaps it's the control freak in me,but there is nothing more annoying than coming home to a fire that I lit at 6 in the morning finding a huge basket of hardwood gone and the valves all open:doh:. And the house at melting pot.
Its not gone on yet but I think it will within the next few weeks.
dave

Ha! that's nothing, I come home to find all the windows open, back door open, heating blasting out max temp............
ME: "What's going on here? heating is on max..........why is the window open?"
WOMAN: "yeah........ I was too hot"
:doh:

I have an endless supply of FREE timber as I work in the industry... free timber in my book means free heat.... guess what, she doesn't like the woodburner as its not instant heat!!!!! going to build man cave in the garage and enjoy it myself! whats not to like about free?

bonkers bird...

We have a South African Lady works in our office. It is only September and she sits there in a Jumper and Fleece and two hot Water Bottles stuffed up the Fleece!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yorkie.

O well Wingy you had better bring your thong down with you to wear as Alli has already had the woodburner alight and only this morning that it's abit cold, you have been warned also especially when the cats want to sit on your lap as usual bazil

O well Wingy you had better bring your thong down with you to wear as Alli has already had the woodburner alight and only this morning that it's abit cold, you have been warned also especially when the cats want to sit on your lap as usual bazil

Something just doesn't seem right there, the picture of me sat on your sofa in a thong!!! Not a mental picture I'd be comfortable with anyway lol
See you soon, have a good week in Keswick
Wingy

No fire yet, still to warm, but have 10m3 of logs and 1 1/2 ton of coal ready to go
having said that my son (lives 2 miles from me) said it was only 3 degrees last night where he lives

Logs are cut and stacked and the coal bunker is full. Fire is on, wife has 4 layers on and I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt. :doh: Car said 19 deg yesterday !!

That's the only upside to menopause , my wife is constantly complaining that it's to hot . I've come home to find her standing outside on the deck in summer clothes , at about - 15 C so she can cool off . They are strange creatures............... yet somehow fascinating lol .

AB

Back