Good general purpose powder for 9mm

gixer1

Hey folks,

i was wondering if anyone can recommend a good powder for reloading 9mm pistol rounds?

I will be loading with a lee hand loader so any recommendations on bullets, primers etc would also be welcomed.

regards,
Gixer

Hey folks,

i was wondering if anyone can recommend a good powder for reloading 9mm pistol rounds?

I will be loading with a lee hand loader so any recommendations on bullets, primers etc would also be welcomed.

regards,
Gixer

What powders do the dipper chart recommend? I've never found them to be far off the mark.~Muir

Will a Lee loader work well with 9mm or for that matter at all? Just thinking of the tapered case and crimping.

What will you be using the ammo in?

Last edited:
Another vote for Blue Dot. It's worked well in my pistols and AR with a variety of bullet weights.

Of course, its been made of unobtainium lately, but if you get some, I think you'll be quite happy with it.

It'll be used in a Beretta PX4 F, and I can't see why a loader wouldn't work, many 9mm have been loaded with hand loaders! I'll see what is available as the red dot and blue dot are both in short supply apparently.

Regards,

Gixer

Why do you want to reload? it cant be for economy unless you are humanely despatching hundreds of injured deer a week!!

Ian.

Why not reload? I know here is not the same as across the pond, but here 1,000 .356, 115gr roll plated bullets can be had for $86. <shrug> At that price, why not reload? If he has a bullet mold, even better...

gixer have you reloaded 9mm para before as it can be a bit more troublesome to reload for than .45acp as regards reliable feeding. Reloading reliable .45acp is a doddle in comparison, it's almost as easy to reload for as 38spl and .44mag. Good suitable bullets and taper crimp is a must for reliable feeding.

Why not reload? I know here is not the same as across the pond, but here 1,000 .356, 115gr roll plated bullets can be had for $86. <shrug> At that price, why not reload? If he has a bullet mold, even better...

Marine, Pistols are only issued for humane despatch of deer here in the UK and then in a modified form in either single shot or sometimes two shot revolvers.
Unless Gixer is humanely despatching an incredible amount of wounded deer each week i really cant see the point of reloading due to the limited use of the pistol.

Ian.

gixer have you reloaded 9mm para before as it can be a bit more troublesome to reload for than .45acp as regards reliable feeding. Reloading reliable .45acp is a doddle in comparison, it's almost as easy to reload for as 38spl and .44mag. Good suitable bullets and taper crimp is a must for reliable feeding.

And more importantly, a taper crimp is important for headspacing.~Muir

Marine, Pistols are only issued for humane despatch of deer here in the UK and then in a modified form in either single shot or sometimes two shot revolvers.
Unless Gixer is humanely despatching an incredible amount of wounded deer each week i really cant see the point of reloading due to the limited use of the pistol.

Ian.

True, but 9mm doesn't have to be in just a pistol, right? :D

Attachments

• DSCN0306.jpg
    DSCN0306.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 17
Why do you want to reload? it cant be for economy unless you are humanely despatching hundreds of injured deer a week!!

Ian.

Because I moved to the USA and will be going through a lot of 9mm as I pick up my new toy next week, I have never hand loaded 9mm but am sure it's possible.

regards,
Gixer

Back