Insurance who you with?

Distinguished Member
Sorry lads i know this has been discussed before, but cant bloody find it, my insurance is coming up for renewal( currently with BASC), just wondered who you use and what price?

Many thanks

ATB
Dave

Last edited:
BASC... but I managed to wangle unemployment discount - £28

(luckily just got a new job although my mid-week shooting trips have to be abandoned until the lighter eves :( )...

BASC been a member for forty years. Must change to something cheaper sometime, so long as it gives me the same cover.

Just looked on NGO website same 10 million cover as BASC, But over half the price at £30quid ,know where im going :D:rolleyes::D

I am waiting for my NGO memebrship to arrive. I suppsoe I could have gone for the Unemployed with BASC but I didn't know about it. Didn't have any cover last year as I let it lapse. As I posted this the Red van arrived and my membership was in todays post and now Mother is looking through the magazine right now.

Last edited:
I'm with Countryside Alliance at the minute due to a offer price of £26 for the year (at the time i took it out) but usually go with BASC.
I also considered BDS but heard some bad reviews. Does any one use them ??

I'm with B.A.S.C ,but that is only because they have a legal department who will under certain circumstances go to court if you require it

deerhunter270

I spoke to the BDS the other day about courses,i wanted to know if i had to join to attend which i didn't but i asked what kind of insurance cover i'd get with membership was told that it was offered but as an extra,didn't bother asking how much though.I'm with BASC at the moment.
Neil

I'm with BASC. I know that there are other, less expensive options, but the BASC people also offer a range of other services that can be most useful. It is interesting to follow threads on here about firearms licencing for example and in the end the answer is almost always "contact BASC if you are a member."

Some time back I had cause to mention, as an aside to another conversation, to one of our local BASC reps that my certificate was taking a long time to process. Within 20 minutes the local firearms people were on the phone and I had my certificate in the post in a very short time thereafter. A few months after this I was going away to stalk and my certificate was in for a variation (I'm in Northern Ireland so this can take 12, even 24 MONTHS) I talked to BASC and told them I was in a bit of a tight spot and within a very short time my certificate was back with me.

Now, I appreciate that they can't always help out and that not all reports will be as positive or successful as mine but in my view the help they have given me, even if it was only a few quick phone calls on their part, is well worth the premium you might pay for membership.

BASC, without doubt, is the supreme organisation for recreational and professional shooters alike.

If all that concerns you is insurance then clearly you care only for yourself and little for the defence of the fragile freedoms we continue to enjoy.

(plus, the HQ is in Wales so they're on to a winner with me from the start! :D)

Last edited:
BASC, without doubt, is the supreme organisation for recreational and professional shooters alike.

If all that concerns you is insurance then clearly you care only for yourself and little for the defence of the fragile freedoms we continue to enjoy.

(plus, the HQ is in Wales so they're on to a winner with me from the start! :D)

Says it all really (apart from the welsh bit:):):)). It's not all about the insurance:idea: for me

Back