Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rugar 10/22 or Browning T Bolt for LH rabbit shots?

Rugar 10/22 or Browning T Bolt for LH rabbit shots?

I was dead set on a Ruger 10/22 for my rabbit hunting but some felt the side ejection would be a problem for me as a left handed shooter

I wanted the auto as i felt I could probably pot three or four rabbits at once with an auto but stoping to reload would likley reduce that

So I looked at the Browning T Bolt in LH as it was cost effective and seemed a fast way to reload

Any thaughts?

Have a look at the Browning Buckmark,much better auto than the 10-22 and top ejection.

I haven't played with a left handed T Bolt, but the RH one is very nice. I too am left handed, but have an old customised Brno - fine on the range or off the bipod but when out rabbit shooting off sticks having the bolt on the wrong side is a pain in the proverbial.

The Cz 452 LH American is worth looking at, so to is the Anchutz, but to my eyes they are a bit clunky looking, but beautifully made and shoot well. I wish Sako would make a left handed 22 Finfire.

or if you want a straight pull, get a Blaser r93 with the 22lr barrel and conversion kit. Add a deer calibre as well and then wonder why your kids are starving and you have no funds to pay for the fuel to go out hunting.
    Last edited by Heym SR20; 30-09-2014 at 09:53.

Nr Newport (shrops)
    i have a rh t bolt and its a superb gun, best rimfire ive ever owned

SD Regular
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Semi auto can be considered by some to be more noisy than a BA rifle - plus you have brass all over the shop. Don't overlook Savage for a LH option for a 22RF - good experiences with them in rimfire and centrefire.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I have always had problems with the 10/22 rotary mag so I now use a 25 shot banana mag. Brilliant. Noisier than a BA as already stated but still great. Never shot it left handed though.

Once you master a leftie bolt you don't need a semi auto .. Quieter, more reliable ... And damn quick once you tubed in with it .... Still think a night rabbiting wi a.22 is one of the most under rated nights sport going

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    Have a look at the Browning Buckmark,much better auto than the 10-22 and top ejection.

I looked at thease but hated the design of the stock

Perhaps I should be less of a kit tart

Yep, handsome is as handsome does. The Browning SA22 bottom ejects by the way.

I have used a 10/22 left handed a lot over the years and it was never an issue, the cases flying out the right hand side that is. I just never noticed - well not until the odd hot case shoots up your sleeve and burns your arm....................oh the joys of being left handed.

The rotary mags were a pain though, I prefered the 10 shot stick ones made by Butler Creek.

I am not that much slower with my LH CZ bolt action .22 - and at least I take the time to aim properly with it, not just blaze away as I am sometimes tempted to do with the 10/22.