Hospital Car Parks .. Robbin B******S

Cascade

Just been to Pinderfields General Hospital in West Yorkshire for a check up on prostrate etc parked for 37mins according to ticket machine £3.80 over 10.25p per min

Is this an acceptable amount or does anyone else feel like me that were being ripped off , robbed, and literally having the proverbial p*** taken at every single opportunity by authorities who can ?

End of rant !

Bob

I agree ! Over £3 for 15min in Edinburgh. Flew down south on Tuesday back on Wednesday and £70 at the airport car park !!!

Mungo; take a taxi to the Royal in Edinburgh. The parking for our last birth was nearly £40!

What someone from Yorkshire complaining about having to part with cash, I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Seriously though you are right total rip off, last time I was in (regular occurrence for me these days they had attendants going round checking cars were parked properly in their boxes , fair enough maybe if you were taking up two spaces, but anybody who's car was not completely in the box, those with a wheel straddling or even just touching the line were getting a ticket.

NHS free at the point of delivery!

What ever you do don't let your relatives grow old, you'll need a second mortgage.

I've been ticketed in a hospital twice and got it waived twice. First time was when I parked and paid for a couple of hours and then waited nearly 4 hours for my appointment. Second was when I was unable to find a space after driving round and round for half an hour.... so bumped the truck up onto the grass in a quiet corner! :D

Both times I spoke to the receptionist and asked her what costs the NHS more, badly parked truck or missed appointments? She agree and had the parking people cancel it there and then. :thumb:

At Pembury hospital it's capped at £1.50 a day if you're in or visiting someone in either the cancer ward or maternity ward. Not sure about other departments.

At Pembury hospital it's capped at £1.50 a day if you're in or visiting someone in either the cancer ward or maternity ward. Not sure about other departments.

In compassionate situations like this, ask the ward sister to validate the ticket to allow you to exit free from the car park, I work for the NHS and totally disagree with tickets such as the above, when my grandson was rushed in via ambulance (my employer) my daughter paid nothing as did a worried grandad. deerwarden

Bob
Something wrong there mate, charges at Pinderfields should be 20 min free, up to an hour £1.30, upto two hours £2.80 (cant remember the rest as I've always tried to be away in less than two hours.) But as you can guess I've spent my fair share there this year!

There must have been a fault with the machine.

As Mattmck said, my wifes a nurse at South Cleveland Hospital and has to pay to park at her work!!!!!

Just been to Pinderfields General Hospital in West Yorkshire for a check up on prostrate etc parked for 37mins according to ticket machine £3.80 over 10.25p per min

Is this an acceptable amount or does anyone else feel like me that were being ripped off , robbed, and literally having the proverbial p*** taken at every single opportunity by authorities who can ?

End of rant !

Bob
They have taken the machines out of our local hospital thank god!
brian

I could understand at Clayton in the middle of town, but Pinders is miles out, no ones going to park there to go into town.

Back