cluson lamp mount

Good god whats happened at Cluson? has the owner passed away or cant they sell torches anymore. I have tried for years to buy a mount and they have always refused even dealing with the man himself was impossible.

Well it is good news a bet a lot of cyclist will benifit from this change in heart.

D

Good god whats happened at Cluson? has the owner passed away or cant they sell torches anymore. I have tried for years to buy a mount and they have always refused even dealing with the man himself was impossible.

Well it is good news a bet a lot of cyclist will benifit from this change in heart.

D

Went down there the other day, last day of the warranty and they swapped the entire lamp unit for new. So spent a few bob on some fleeces. Very good service in the shop.

£3 and a QR scope mount on the torch.....

Alloy Barrel Mount 25.4mm Ring Scope 20mm Weaver Picatinny Rail Adapter New | eBay

$_57.JPG

That looks good but do they do 30mm?

The beauty of the Cluson is it is so adjustable.

D

I lent my Cluson light to a mate, unfortunately, he managed to break the mount. I tried to buy another mount from them at last years shooting show. I was asked for proof that I had bought the lamp from them originally. When I told the 'gentleman' that I didn't have it with me, I was told that they don't supply mounts without proof of purchase in such a way that I felt embarrassed by the way I was treated. Needless to say I told them what they could do with their mount.My own opinion now is that I wouldn't touch any of their products with a barge pole. A very strange way to deal with customers.

I can think of lots of ways to describe the Cluson lamp mount, and "ace" certainly isn't one of them!
A great lump of poorly engineered plastic.

I had exactly the same reply from the guy, guess what I dont use Cluson torches and apart from an earlier style mount which i have moddified to accept a 30 mm ring wont use any other of their stuff.

D

correct
if you find the right one its a 30mm with a handy 1" spacer set
scratch free mounts
leave the spacer slightly loose and you can rotate by hand on the plastic bush

Cluson are now selling their ace mount separately for £30+VAT+postage=£41.50

(A63) Dual Gun Mounting Kit 25/30mm - Clulite | Cluson Engineering Ltd.

Just got to get the right mount for the diameter of the lamp body according to the table at the bottom of this link.

(MLS-1) Masterlite Supreme Gun-lite - Clulite | Cluson Engineering Ltd.

i was at the mgf told the man on the cluson stand that the bolt had stripped on my mount & he gave me a new one,also said that if it happened again to phone them & they would send me some more bolts,now that is great service for you,thanks cluson.atb ade

Back