help with reloading in Bedfordshire

torp

Can anyone help with reloading for my .308?
I don't shoot enough (yet) to justify buying all the kit but I have the load info for my rifle and wondered if there's someone who would be able to do me batches of 50?
Many thanks.

torp what you asking for could depending on the particular circumstances be illegal but in any case would be most unwise. Would you really trust a stranger to reload for you?
I think that if you don't want to reload yourself then you would be much safer to stick to factory ammo.

I'd be interested to know why you think it's illegal for one FAC holder with .308 to give or sell ammo to another FAC holder with .308 ?
I'm always happy to know if I'm wrong about this!

its not illegal as long as you both have expanding etc but build up a relationship with the reloader so you can see that he actually knows what hes on about

if you see what i mean and your probably better not to buy them of him but buy the components for him powder priwmers etc and then buy him a nice gift

if you see what i mean

I'd be interested to know why you think it's illegal for one FAC holder with .308 to give or sell ammo to another FAC holder with .308 ?
I'm always happy to know if I'm wrong about this!

It would be illegal to sell reloaded ammunition if the ammunition was not tested by the proof house. Also you would be wise to ensure that the reloader has adequate insurance liability cover which in the case of reloading ammunition can be prohibitively expensive and has resulted in more than one company/ individual walking away from such activities.
It is not however illegal for a friend to reload for a friend and only the cost of the components is recovered or the end user supplies the components and the reloader merely assemblies them so long as they both have the appropriate authority for the possession of the actual calibres on their certificates.

It is perfectly legal for one certificate holder to sell factory ammo to another FAC holder. Obviously in the case of ALL ammo transfers an entry will need to be made in the ammo section of the receivers FAC by the person making the transfer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification. I would indeed build up a relationship - obviously if someone is doing their own reloading for stalking there is some knowledge and skill there already.
Also, being an old-fashioned sort of guy, I hope that the people who regularly use this forum (and are known to others by their activity) would prove to be reliable people....

You could possibly get someone to lend you their kit so that you can load your own, or to teach you if your not sure.
It would give you time to build up your own kit piece by piece and help avoid buying things you don't need.

Can anyone help with reloading for my .308?
I don't shoot enough (yet) to justify buying all the kit but I have the load info for my rifle and wondered if there's someone who would be able to do me batches of 50?
Many thanks.

How did you get "the load" for your rifle? ~Muir

PS: Lee Classic Loader. $30 US.

I wouldn't doubt him, having met him and discussed this particular issue before I bought the rifle.
But fair point, you can't be too careful...

Back